Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a list of some minor mods I have done which aren't performance based but still makes the bike look beast =) Will take some better photos when the weather gets better and I wash her cleaner. If you want to see the lights in action, just checkout Motodynamic website.

Done:

-Vagabond Motorsports Fender Eliminator
-TST Industries Smoked Flush mounted side markers
-KITACO Helmet Lock
-MOTODYNAMIC Smoked Sequential Brake Lights with Intergrated Turn Signals
-LAYZ-MOTORS Double Angel Eyes Projector w/ Demon Eyes

Bucket List:

-YOSHIMURA R77 Full Exhaust Carbon Fiber
-Gas tank grip

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ah so it was you, I saw your photos of the angel eyes on instagram saw the laymotor account reshared it. Quick couple of questions did it come with switches / what are they wired too and also its dual beans for low and high beam right (bi-xenon). Been planning get some because i made a post here awhile back after emailing layz, just getting funds together because it'll have to be shipped all the way to the uk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The install is pretty much plug n' play except for the fact he gave me male ends for the blue/white wires that needed to be female to plug into the original ports.

I had to splice some wires from the factory connectors to connect them correctly.

The LEFT headlamp automatically comes on when you start the bike, I am going to run a separate switch to them so I can have the demon eyes on for my DRL and turn on the HID's when needed. Other than that the install of the headlight housing took maybe 30-40min, the hard part was taking off the fairings and making sure you remembered where the screws go again, lol. Since the fairings have been loosened, it will be easier next time to take them off.

They did provide me a switch for the HID on/off but it doesn't have enough connections on it to seem like it works, I will look into it this weekend.

I can post pictures later for the beam cutoff and the projectors are both in low/high beams although their range is both low and high beams, turning on the high beam looks the same but more lighting.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here is a list of some minor mods I have done which aren't performance based but still makes the bike look beast =) Will take some better photos when the weather gets better and I wash her cleaner. If you want to see the lights in action, just checkout Motodynamic website.

Done:

-Vagabond Motorsports Fender Eliminator
-TST Industries Smoked Flush mounted side markers
-KITACO Helmet Lock
-MOTODYNAMIC Smoked Sequential Brake Lights with Intergrated Turn Signals
-LAYZ-MOTORS Double Angel Eyes Projector w/ Demon Eyes

Bucket List:

-YOSHIMURA R77 Full Exhaust Carbon Fiber
-Gas tank grip
After looking at this thread again I can't help myself and i'm about to buy a set aha I'll worry about the money later ;) , few more quick questions how did the ordering process go was it just emails (I'm currently emailing right now) and in regard to paying how did you do that (once again i'm currently waiting for a reply to email so i might already end up with my questions answered aha )

Also how long did it take to come (i'm from the uk so it'll be different) but around about how long was it for you / was it tracked

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After looking at this thread again I can't help myself and i'm about to buy a set aha I'll worry about the money later ;) , few more quick questions how did the ordering process go was it just emails (I'm currently emailing right now) and in regard to paying how did you do that (once again i'm currently waiting for a reply to email so i might already end up with my questions answered aha )

Also how long did it take to come (i'm from the uk so it'll be different) but around about how long was it for you / was it tracked
Emailing for me was the best communication although he does have a WhatsApp phone number for texting. I paid him via PayPal. Shipping is EMS only so expect it to be about 120-160 for shipping from Jakarta, Indonesia. Although I live in USA which I paid $160. Maybe it will be cheaper for you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Emailing for me was the best communication although he does have a WhatsApp phone number for texting. I paid him via PayPal. Shipping is EMS only so expect it to be about 120-160 for shipping from Jakarta, Indonesia. Although I live in USA which I paid $160. Maybe it will be cheaper for you.
Yea i'll probably stick to emailing and shipping will probably be abit more or the same cause of the distance but thats not too bad, good luck with figuring out the switches also, i'd help if i could but the only switch layout i've ever seen is the bkmoto setup in this thread http://www.riderforums.com/ninja-65...jectors-angel-eyes-halos-2008-ninja-650r.html

·
Registered
155 Posts
The install is pretty much plug n' play except for the fact he gave me male ends for the blue/white wires that needed to be female to plug into the original ports.

I had to splice some wires from the factory connectors to connect them correctly.

The LEFT headlamp automatically comes on when you start the bike, I am going to run a separate switch to them so I can have the demon eyes on for my DRL and turn on the HID's when needed. Other than that the install of the headlight housing took maybe 30-40min, the hard part was taking off the fairings and making sure you remembered where the screws go again, lol. Since the fairings have been loosened, it will be easier next time to take them off.

They did provide me a switch for the HID on/off but it doesn't have enough connections on it to seem like it works, I will look into it this weekend.

I can post pictures later for the beam cutoff and the projectors are both in low/high beams although their range is both low and high beams, turning on the high beam looks the same but more lighting.
oh yea send a picture of the switch i may know how it works, steven sent me an email with a picture of the front of the switches they use and i've worked with those kinds of switches before so if you have the same one i may know how to wire it up (i'd need photo of connections and the front)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you upload the picture of the switch he sent you, I want to see if it is the same one I got. Looks like a small spark plug with a circular on switch.

·
Registered
155 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
I like the halo lights and the "eyebrow" lights; kind of a cross between what BMW and Audi put on their cars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeh that's the one on the top right, how do you wire that switch? Do you have a diagram?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeh that's the one on the top right, how do you wire that switch? Do you have a diagram?
Without knowing the exact wires you have to wire up i can't make it really accurate, if you can get photos i can help a bit more.

but this is how i wired it up for my led strips i put power in from the battery into the normal closed (so the lights are on when the switch is not pushed in) and from the LED negative i output the negative for the battery and led strips.

From the common all positive power comes out so i output the positive to the led strips and also linked that to the led positive so when the switch is active it lights up. that a vague explanation if that helps at all.

In regards to connectors you just have to solder on cables (thats what i did atleast)

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is what i assume is required for the halo's however as those cables will already be powered i assume. So basically you put power into the closed or open depending on when you want the led on the switch to be lit up and connect the common and led + so the switch lights up when the halo's are on or off depending on what you prefer, then just output the LED negative back to the halo to complete the circuit if that also makes sence

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is how I have it wired at the moment. The halos are actually powered by the OEM triangle light. That is plug n' play. However the power source coming from the HID ballasts required me to splice my OEM connectors off and wire them together kind of like how I have the picture. I'd like to put in the switch for the HIDs on the left lamp that automatically comes on when the bike is on. The other side is fine as it comes on with the high beam switch.

My OEM connectors were these white/black connectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is how I have it wired at the moment. The halos are actually powered by the OEM triangle light. That is plug n' play. However the power source coming from the HID ballasts required me to splice my OEM connectors off and wire them together kind of like how I have the picture. I'd like to put in the switch for the HIDs on the left lamp that automatically comes on when the bike is on. The other side is fine as it comes on with the high beam switch.

My OEM connectors were these white/black connectors.
out of curiosity where do those white and blue bullet connectors go im trying to wrap my head around the wiring

Also when you were emailing them you did ask for switches to be put on right? or did they just send them unattached

The reason i ask is because in this photo the white and blue are connected to and labeled as high/low beam +

1 - 20 of 84 Posts