Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on putting bar end mirrors on my R3, both for better visibility behind me (tired of half my mirror being filled by my shoulders) and I personally think the lines of the bike will look better without the mirrors up front. So now I am trying to figure out what I want to put where the mirrors are now, there's always cnc routed metal plates that they sell but that to me looks like a band aid cover up thing, what I really would like is some nice flush mounted turn signals to go there. That would look very clean and would be an additional turn signal, that's never bad. In all my online research I've only been able to fine one turn signal kit like that for Yamaha, and it's for a 00-06 R1, the shape looks about the same as the shape of the base of my mirrors, I wonder if that might work.

Just hoping someone on here may have seen or know about what I am looking for.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have been looking at putting turn signals where the current mirror mounts are too myself, and so far I have found nothing suitable. The footprint of the mirror mount is quite narrow and long which makes it kind of hard to find a suitable retrofit.

If someone has a 3D printer they could possibly fabricate a streamlined mount that uses the same indicator mounting hole as the OEM indicators for easier fitment, and just putting in flush mount signals on top.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I still haven't been able to find anything, I believe I have exhausted my Google skills on it for now lol I looked everywhere. I think for the time being I will just get some of the metal plates they sell and wrap them in carbon fiber vinyl. I recently wrapped all the matte plastic trim pieces on my bike in the carbon fiber vinyl, I think if I wrapped the block offs to match they wouldn't look too bad. Eventually I may get my dad to help me and I'll try to make some lights, his side project is making boat lights, he made some small rail lights a while back that I think that design could be modified a bit and made to fit in the mirror slot. If we did end up coming up with a good light design and there was enough interest we might sell them online, that is what he does with his boat lights.

Reactions: Gizmo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts