Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'm seriously considering changing the mirrors on my 2019 R3 to Motogadget's bar end type of mirrors. I block almost all visibility of the stock mirrors with my elbows and arms. I have considered the FINCOS mirror extenders, but am not comfortable ordering these as I cannot evaluate the quality of the product over an Amazon advertisement.

My questions are these. Who, out there, has ordered the FINCOS mirror extenders and, if so, what are your impressions of the product? Could you upload a photo as to how the bike looks after installation?

Also, does anyone know of a mirror block off plate available for the 2019 Yamaha R3? I have found one for the 2015-2018 model years, but nothing for the 2019 model year. If anyone has removed their mirrors, what did you use to cover the holes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you want to fab up your own block off plates it's not hard. The R&G ones are plastic anyways so just stencil your mirror and cut it out of some aluminum or plastic. As for the mirror extenders I don't know of any options that have been tested as of yet. This questions been asked frequently...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't really comment on the FINCOS mirror extenders, I don't have them but may check into getting them also.

I got a set that fit the 15-18 R3's just for now and they work but aren't the correct size (cosmetically). Mounting holes line up but they are oversized compared to the 19's mirror frame mount.

I plan to cut them down and do some sanding on them to get the size closer to what they should be for the 2019. May even take the thickness down a bit on a band saw (they are huge).

May take some pics of the process and post them once completed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts