Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm really confused as to how those preload adjusters can work unless there are more parts than just the caps. But the listing makes no mention of anything.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really confused as to how those preload adjusters can work unless there are more parts than just the caps. But the listing makes no mention of anything.
You put a socket on the top and as you turn it clockwise, the silver part at the bottom (see 2nd photo) moves downward, compressing the spring.

I just ordered a set to see how well they work. I'll update after they arrive and are installed....

·
Registered
247 Posts
You put a socket on the top and as you turn it clockwise, the silver part at the bottom (see 2nd photo) moves downward, compressing the spring.

I just ordered a set to see how well they work. I'll update after they arrive and are installed....
Ah. Missed that pic. Cool!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Wow, great find, Fang. $39, and free shipping. Sato Racing wants $138 (before shipping) for their preload adjusters.
But I don't see anything about clip-ons being included. For less than $40, I seriously doubt that they come with clip-ons. That's a smokin deal on the preload adjusters though.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, great find, Fang. $39, and free shipping. Sato Racing wants $138 (before shipping) for their preload adjusters.
But I don't see anything about clip-ons being included. For less than $40, I seriously doubt that they come with clip-ons. That's a smokin deal on the preload adjusters though.
Sorry, I worded that post poorly.

Should have written: They have fork adjusters available, as well as 41mm clip-ons....

·
Registered
717 Posts
U coo, u coo. No apologies necessary. You dig up all the newly available parts for us, Fang. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts