Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum this is my first post but iv been following the threads since the beginning. I see many people are buying the Akrapovic GP slip on which im sorry but in my opinion is a very ugly exhaust. The exhasut i went with and i havent seen anybody else on this forum mention was the new Tyga Slip on which is much cheaper then the GP and is actually gorgeous. I just ordered mine a week ago and its already arrived here in Canada i would post pictures of it but im not too sure how to do that.. Anyways just thought id let the forum know that there is a much cheaper and nicer build quality slip on out there for half the price considering i dont know anyone with this other then me.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I dont have authority to post links just yet but google Tyga Exhaust on google and it will come up. Its a pretty popular safe website and you cant go wrong for $170

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks good, I like the carbon fiber look. Any idea how much it weighs? Would you say its half the weight of the stock one?
How does it sound? Is it much louder than stock? I might get one of those, I thought the akrapovic looked unfinished and the can is too small. I heard that slip ons don't really help the R3 , but even if it didn't add any power, it looks good and probably weighs less than the stock one. At that price, I think it's worth it just for the looks, weight loss and hopefully a little better sound.

Any downsides to the slip on? loss of low end power? cheap sound? anything bad about it? (BE HONEST) The stock R3 sounds like a sewing machine, just a little louder would be nice as long as it sounds good.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
R3's are already set-up lean from factory with factory exhaust, I've heard slip-ons can cause additional lean conditions without a power commander? . I don't know this, just heard it, true? Exhaust looks great btw!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good, I like the carbon fiber look. Any idea how much it weighs? Would you say its half the weight of the stock one?
How does it sound? Is it much louder than stock? I might get one of those, I thought the akrapovic looked unfinished and the can is too small. I heard that slip ons don't really help the R3 , but even if it didn't add any power, it looks good and probably weighs less than the stock one. At that price, I think it's worth it just for the looks, weight loss and hopefully a little better sound.

Any downsides to the slip on? loss of low end power? cheap sound? anything bad about it? (BE HONEST) The stock R3 sounds like a sewing machine, just a little louder would be nice as long as it sounds good.

Its crazy how much more lighter it is i dont have the exact weight but it would take like 3 of these tyga slipons to weigh the same as 1 stock pipe like its that light. Now sound wise its pretty well the same as stock i think Tyga made them to cut down on weight instead of to make noise but say the stock is a 5 out of 10 with noise this would be a 6 its abit noticeable and i did notice a couple nice little rumbling pops when i was downshifting too which i liked but i mostly bought it just on looks because it is a sharp looking pipe. Now when it comes to shipping i was nervous about EMS because it was the cheapest option and i never heard of it but i went for it and it only took a week from Thailand so save your money and don't go with the more expensive option of ups because ems worked out just as well. Il take some more pics of it tomorrow in the daylight though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
R3's are already set-up lean from factory with factory exhaust, I've heard slip-ons can cause additional lean conditions without a power commander? . I don't know this, just heard it, true? Exhaust looks great btw!
When it comes to slip ons a power commander is usually not needed since the cat is still intact now if you remove the cat and decide to straight pipe it then yeah forsure its gonna run way too lean but these aftermarket slip ons wont do any harm

·
Registered
326 Posts
I like it. Looks good other then the over sized brand label. The cabon akro's is still my favorite however.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow, I'm loving the look of this TYGA. I didn't realize TYGA made an R3 exhaust! I had one of their full systems on my Honda Grom and boy was it LOUD! This is a fantastic price, too. You even get that sweet carbon fiber panel! I might pull the trigger on this.

How was the install? Straightforward?

I like it. Looks good other then the over sized brand label. The cabon akro's is still my favorite however.
edit: It says in the item description that you can request the exhaust with no logo when you order! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there any Dyno & Sound clips of the exhaust?
There would be no difference in top speed since its a slip on so no point getting a dyno done. but it is a lot lighter then stock and it gets pretty loud iv noticed the more it warms up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds a lot better in person trust me and like i said the more it warms up the louder it gets i still think its the best bang for the buck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really like the look and sound of the Tyga slip on. I did a lot of searching online and finally found a good clip of it. Might order one soon off ebay.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That can goes with the blue paint scheme to a T!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts