Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There appears to be a lot of mis-information about the Motion Pro R6 throttle tube..... Yes, the Motion Pro throttle tube WILL work just fine. Unfortunately, it will not accomplish what you are trying to do (make a shorter throw throttle). In order to get the "short throw", the shoulder/lobe where the cable rides needs to be a larger diameter than stock. This results is less "twist" in the throttle tube, on the given throttle cable. I have this same mod on my FZ-07 as well, and it really is a HUGE difference in the feel of the throttle!!! Unfortunately, I forgot that in order for it to work properly you need the OEM Yamaha R6 throttle tube (Part# 2C0-26240-00-00). I took some photos of the Motion Pro throttle tube (White), compared to the R3 factory throttle tube that comes on the R3 (Black). The shoulder/lobes are identical in diameter. I will try to post pictures of the difference once I get the correct throttle tube next week. Hope this helps someone out-

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I was researching the R6 throttle tube mod for my R3 I read several bad reviews on the Motion Pro throttle tube.

I made sure to buy an OEM R6 part and I'm happy with the results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts