Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of making a new thread every so often thought I would just make one.

Big weekend for racing! Big mess up by ianonne that fool! still need to watch the second race of wsbk but I think I know who won after watching him lay down those lap times in the first race

...but man ducati! that was a serious blow to their constructors championship chances

·
Registered
218 Posts
have to tip the cap to dovi for running his bike all the way across the finish line, that was hardcore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYHMvowPE-o He wasn't the only one to do it sunday :(

I tuned in with like 7 laps to go, but watched the replay late that day, why was the bike swap mandatory? Was it a weather thing, is that a normal thing in Argentina, is it because the trouble the tires were causing? Rossi lost all the momentum after the swap, went from a first place battle with MM to being extremely lucky to grab a podium position. The timing of MM and Rossi coming out of pit lane couldn't have been two different ends of the spectrum as well.

As far as the Iannone mistake, what a shame. Cost himself a podium position and his team quite the number of points. He was sketchy all day, but it is still a individual championship, so I guess you have to risk it even if there is a 0% chance you make the pass.

Vinales had a great race until he went down..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYHMvowPE-o He wasn't the only one to do it sunday :(
LOL man that video coupled with the incredible hulk theme song is too classic! Totally forgot to watch the moto3 and moto2 races gives me something to do tonight

your probably right about the tires not being able to go the full length of the race hence the flag to flag

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYHMvowPE-o He wasn't the only one to do it sunday :(

Vinales had a great race until he went down..
That hurted to watch - gotta feel for the guy. I think Vinales will be one to watch the next few years. Still pulling for the GOAT, but last year may have been his best shot at the Championship - the win at Assen is one of the most amazing things I've seen in years. Anyone who's dealt with the gravel traps knows they are nasty.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Some of the riders are calling out Ducati for actually being the problem, not the tires. No one else had the problems except Ducati. Pol Espargaro and Valentino Rossi both blamed Ducati for being the problem. They are blaming the Ducati's much higher horse power and a higher top speed for the tire problems.

Of course, there is also the issue of the spec electronics not saving the tires as long as the factory electronics had.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
motogp circus is at COTA this weekend, anyone going to watch it in person? If I had vacation time I wouldve gone :( ... oh well next year

·
Registered
810 Posts
Instead of saying "I have a hard time believing", I should have said I am surprised.

My opinion is just based on weekday I have read on the silly season so far. Most of the"experts" were predicting Dovi leaving over Iannone. I feel Iannone is the faster of the two also.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I agree. He shows good pace, but needs to finish more

Id like to see Stoner come back but hes pretty much said hes happy testing. With how much better the duacti is compared to a few years ago, i think he can win.

Im curious to see how the KTM does in 2017
Gut feeling, and it's just that, is that Stoner's wifey has something to do with him not racing (new baby, you spend too much time away from home, we don't need the money). Happy wife = happy life. I'd like to see him back in though, just to add to the chaos, even if he tends to be a bit whiney sometimes.

One of my pit-mates runs an RC8R and I have the misfortune of racing against him in Open Twin/Heavyweight Twin classes - he is quicker than I'll ever be. Too bad KTM has determined that the RC8 is "too fast" to offer any longer, as I'd have given it or its successor consideration when my 1125 finally decides to call it quits (or I can't get parts anymore)..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Gut feeling, and it's just that, is that Stoner's wifey has something to do with him not racing (new baby, you spend too much time away from home, we don't need the money). Happy wife = happy life. I'd like to see him back in though, just to add to the chaos.

Im pretty sure theres been interviews where hes mentioned it. When he did the Australian v8 supercars, he was still close to home.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts