• Over 10 years experience

Votes: 48 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm completely new to riding. I found m13's videos sometime in 2011 before I graduated but I was too obsessed with my car to bother saving for a bike. Luckily I decided to finally make it happen andddd now I've got an r3!

Pretty mechanically inclined, and I'm a little bummed I have to stick to dealership work to keep my warranty :(.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome dmo!

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Last chance!!!! Poll closes tomorrow - and I know we have more than 134 members....

Thanks to all who voted - this information will be useful to the Admins and Mods in tailoring our posts and responses.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks again to all who voted - a pox on you slackers who didn't (kidding). This did not turn out as I had expected going in, but helps define the makeup of the forum membership.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Been riding over 45 years dirt and road, started riding when I was in the navy in Key West Florida.
Rented a little black two stroke motorcycle a couple times, don't recall the brand, and I was hooked been riding ever since.
To the best of my recollection about 15 bikes more or less.

·
Registered
56 Posts
To me, experience doesn't necessarily correlate with years of riding. I've been riding for just over two years.

I ride in all weather, have ridden in lots of different groups. I ride all kinds of different roads, I've got some great twisty routes around me, ridden long distances incorporating motorways. Ride dual carriage ways regularly. Do lots of country lane riding and town/city riding.

I've put 14k (miles) on my R3 since I've had it (July) and had two bikes prior. I've easily got 30k under my belt.

I know people who do less than 200 miles a year, just go out on random sunny Sundays.

Without meaning to gloat in anyway, my experience over a short time period, surpasses a lot of people I know, and its all down to spending every minute I can on the bike.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've been a daily commuter since the late 1990's. Since then motorcycle has been my primary transport and I hardly ever drive a car.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oldie!

Riding for 41 years. Bikes in order:
Puch Maxi (No laughing please, it meant a lot to me!)
Suzuki TS90 trailie
Yamaha YAS3 (Air-cooled 125cc twin, loved it!)
Suzuki GT185
Suxuki X7 GT250 (Mental!)
Yamaha RD250LC (Rode from UK to Italy through French Alps, best ride ever!)
Kawasaki z550
Yamaha RD500 (Used for 2-up touring in France!)
Suzuki GSXR750M (See sbove)
Model year 2000 Yamaha R6
Model year 2007 Yamaha R6
Model year 2000 Suzuki GSXR600 SRAD (Dog!)
Suzuki GSXR600 K6
... and now R3.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
To me, experience doesn't necessarily correlate with years of riding. I've been riding for just over two years.

I ride in all weather, have ridden in lots of different groups. I ride all kinds of different roads, I've got some great twisty routes around me, ridden long distances incorporating motorways. Ride dual carriage ways regularly. Do lots of country lane riding and town/city riding.

I've put 14k (miles) on my R3 since I've had it (July) and had two bikes prior. I've easily got 30k under my belt.

I know people who do less than 200 miles a year, just go out on random sunny Sundays.

Without meaning to gloat in anyway, my experience over a short time period, surpasses a lot of people I know, and its all down to spending every minute I can on the bike.
This is a good point. In San Diego, I ride year round, no "season" so the miles stack up. The weekly routine is commute daily 18-20 miles per day, do a 150-200 mile canyon ride on the weekends(not all weekends), rinse and repeat. Track days help too as far as experience. Some people will have like a year of riding but already have done like 10 track days lol.

I've been a daily commuter since the late 1990's. Since then motorcycle has been my primary transport and I hardly ever drive a car.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Since I started riding, it has also been my primary but I drive a car still since I have a wife and kids.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rode dirt bikes around the farm when i was younger, always on and off maybe for 5 years never anything serious just touring around :)

26 now and bought a R3 and riding on the road with a super sport is so much different but i do enjoy it :)

Been on my new bike for 150km so far and still taking it pretty easy and cautious, just need to learn to take corners better and its ok to lean a little bit

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Rode dirt bikes around the farm when i was younger, always on and off maybe for 5 years never anything serious just touring around :)

26 now and bought a R3 and riding on the road with a super sport is so much different but i do enjoy it :)

Been on my new bike for 150km so far and still taking it pretty easy and cautious, just need to learn to take corners better and its ok to lean a little bit
Its OK to lean it a LOT. Once you get more experience and confidence that is.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts