• Over 10 years experience

Votes: 48 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I find that sometimes instead of a nice lean turn that i take the corner waaaaay to wide because i dont lean it enough, guess it comes with confidence and practice

·
Registered
19 Posts
4 years experience, I own bigger bikes but riding a smaller displacement bike makes riding more involving and fun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a 250 kawi ninja 4 or 5 years ago, but this bike blows it out of the water. I'm starting fresh and trying to relearn everything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Been riding for a year now and the R3 is my first motorcycle. Been a serious bicyclist for 30 years and sadly my bicycle is worth more than my R3 in$$$ but not in fun. The Cannondale has been collecting dust this Summer and the R3 is collecting miles :)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Been riding for a year now and the R3 is my first motorcycle. Been a serious bicyclist for 30 years and sadly my bicycle is worth more than my R3 in$$$ but not in fun. The Cannondale has been collecting dust this Summer and the R3 is collecting miles :)
Welcome to the club. My first "real" bike was an $899 dollar cannondale my dad bought for me in 1995. Awesome bikes. Wonder if they are still hand made in America though?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome to the club. My first "real" bike was an $899 dollar cannondale my dad bought for me in 1995. Awesome bikes. Wonder if they are still hand made in America though?

The higher end cannondales are still made in the US, same with GT (owned by the same company). I had a 12' gt gtr carbon pro and have a 13' zaskar carbon 100 9r expert. New, the gtr was 3600 and the zaskar was 4800 (didnt buy them new). Neither were US made. You dont get into the US made ones until you reach the 5000 mark.

If you want a good carbon bike that isnt too much, the bianchi infinito with ultegra is a great bike. Thats the only bike I bought when it was new.

My longest road ride was 75 miles. Was a lot easier than i thought. Metric centuries are fun too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
To get a better feel for forum make-up, I'm going to run a few polls over the next month or two to get a snapshot of current demographics - level of experience, wrenching skills, etc. No need to post reply if you don't want.

Poll closes September 18 (60 days)
I am 60 years old, I have a 2019 R3, I started riding when I was 8 years old on dirt bikes and went to street bikes as soon as I could, my first street bike was a 1964 Honda 305 dream.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been riding for well over 50 years. My first bike was a Honda CB160. I started roadracing in the early 70's, graduating to a TZ250 Yamaha. I had an RD350 for street use (I absolutely loved that bike) and production- class racing. I recently sold my Triumph Thruxton R, but it wasn't very long before I wanted another motorcycle. I bought an R3 with less than 1500 miles on it (bone stock). I must say the R3 is a huge improvement over the Triumph. Almost as fast, handles better, and is very light weight.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
It's pretty amazing how good today's motorcycles are, even at the budget end of the spectrum. Having ridden an '83 R80RT BMW for 34 years before buying my R3, the difference in handling, stopping power, agility, and operating costs were a welcomed and unexpected surprise. Not to mention the original price of the R3 was within a few hundred dollars of what my BMW cost 34 years earlier. :)

61 - 70 of 70 Posts