Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came in from Hungary.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what are your impressions? Does it help you see behind better? Right now I can barely see behind me, even if I tuck in my elbows
They definitely take care of the shoulder being in the way problem.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm actually getting OK with looking under my arm to see behind me. The chicken wing pose.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Better PIC of mirror extenders

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So what are your impressions? Does it help you see behind better? Right now I can barely see behind me, even if I tuck in my elbows
Had the bike out on Wednesday to road adjust the mirrors. I now have the regular view that shows me what's in back of me. I to was skeptical but the extenders do their job in making them work right.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was bored tonight, so I broke out the jigsaw, drill and sandpaper. I cut a 2x4 pc of wood down to the size of the mirror mount, drilled 2 oversized holes in it sanded and painted it with a black paint marker. Took about 30 minutes and 4 dollars in bolts. Put a little blue lock tite on the bolts and it actually came out pretty good for a fast hack job.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I installed mine yesterday too. It is definitely an improvement over the stock mirrors.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Now that I have been using them for a week or so, I thought I'd give an update. The truth is that I hardly notice the mirrors any more and just use them without issue. This definitely was a worthwhile upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been debating just getting bar-end mirrors and removing the stock mirrors, but this is making me consider trying out the extenders first.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've been debating just getting bar-end mirrors and removing the stock mirrors, but this is making me consider trying out the extenders first.
Due to the nature of clip-ons you have to look pretty far down to see in your mirrors if you use bar-ends. Personally I didn't like taking my eyes off the road to that extent.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I said it in the other mirror thread, but these are the best option IMO. Cheap, really helps widen the mirrors to see behind you, and looks like it came from the factory. The only negative i noticed was at high speed the mirrors get fuzzy from vibration

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
I said it in the other mirror thread, but these are the best option IMO. Cheap, really helps widen the mirrors to see behind you, and looks like it came from the factory. The only negative i noticed was at high speed the mirrors get fuzzy from vibration
Mine are already like that stock. One of my cars does that too, heh.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine are already like that stock. One of my cars does that too, heh.
I hadn't ridden for like 3 months, so mine could have done that stock as well. I had them mounted for the first ride this year and it was just something I noticed lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts