Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned home from a tour in Michoacan so excuse the dirty moto.
For the MT-03 crowd here are a few fotos of an Advrider version of the Yamaha MT-03:

Fender Eliminator with TST Flush Signals>

Front TST Flush Signals>

R25 Foldable Levers>

Grip Pads>

Spools>

Coretech 14L Tank Bag>

Grill S/S>

Engine Guards>

Hyperpro Shock>

Bling Oil Cap>

Excuse the dirt, rear luggage rack, fits to a pair of Kriega 20L bags>

Rigid Ignite Spot lights mounted on the engine guards and aftermarket heel guards visible in last foto here..
The daily ride, dirty but ready for a new day,>

Also Ricor Intiminators (same as BMW Dakar Intiminators) for the Forks with .80 Racetech springs, Instrument cluster mica for protection of gauge display, & a Quick turn gas cap.

Saludos desde Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Nice. How made the engine guard and how much? Also for your shock, looks like the hyperpro preload adjustor is the same as my K Tech. Did yours come with the spanner wrench? Mine didn't but I went and bought one. The location of the shock makes it extremely difficult to adjust. Did you have any problems?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kemimoto Engine Guards, I think you can find on alibaba or Ebay about $110.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Guar...9974528&pid=100290&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=112199718346

Yes the shock is a pain in the ass to adjust preload. Took me a while to figure out that the small pins on the adjuster tool actually fit into the small holes on the preload nut and not the notches of the nut. It still takes about 10 turns to get one full revolution around the shock body. Took me about two weeks to get the shock action where I want it. The factory free sag was set at about 4 mm. I am at 15mm now with rider sag at 31mm. The Ricor intiminators has eliminated the fork dive so that is good for slamming into topes and potholes without flying over the handlebars.

My only problem now with the MT-03 is that this model is extremely well liked here in my area of Mexico. I have to always keep my eyes on it and keep the steering locked. Stopped by the dealer today to schedule the required second service and Yamaha has raised the price 20,000 MXN about 25% from my purchase price in January. Shiny side up and rubber down...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Your bike looks really good! I love the adventure bike look. Not my style of riding, but it is goof to see that the mt03 is so versatile. You probably also drive off road right? How does the bike perform there?

Do you still remember where you got the tankpads from? I only found the ones from yamaha, which are ****. They dont grip and have flowers on them. Not very manly. Still better than a scratched tank but i yours look way better.

You are right with the titanium heel guard. Probably my next change.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heel Guards>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...R25-R3-/361558384068?var=&hash=item542e8f1dc4

Note: I ordered the above when I was home in Mexico and had the parts shipped to a friend in Texas for pick up a month later. When I opened the package, the carbon fiber inserts were missing. I contacted seller and he never responded. I contacted Ebay and the response was that the warranty period was only 30 days so my request for the missing parts was denied. Just saying, best to open the package before the 30 day warranty is up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282348538674?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The adhesive came loose the first week so the grip pads began to peel off. I applied clear silicone and the grip pads are attached well now, (at least for the time being).

Suspension travel 125mm rear and 130mm front is not sufficient for fast off road travel, in my opinion. I do ride off road some but not much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do you find the tail tidy? Has it met you get more dirt and water on your back?
It looks really nice - i'm not so keen on a lot of the tail tidies/fender eliminators that push the number plate right up close underneath but that's really tidy.

I've got a silver MT-03. Just looking for a few bits to tidy it up. Yet to see another MT03 where I am (UK)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tail tidy will fling water and mud all up your back. I bought a piece of plastic from an auto parts store and cut a piece to extend down below the tail tidy and have not had a problem since but we are in our dry season now so not much rain yet. You can see the plastic extension somewhat in the last two fotos above. I am going to trim it a bit more since it looks sort of bulky as is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts