Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the R3 and still plan on getting one but wanted to know if anyone knew about the MT-03/FZ-03 coming to the U.S? I have always been a fan of naked bikes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My local dealer said that according to his Yamaha rep, it is very likely that it will show up as a 2017 model- but cautioned that it is all speculation until the official announcement.

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
My local dealer told me that Yamaha has a decent list of bikes to be introduced over the next year or two, but he wasn't any more specific than that. Given that he wants to sell me an FZ-07, he's probably not lying (usually they refrain from talking about future bikes when they want to sell you something on the showroom floor today!)

·
Registered
346 Posts
My local dealer told me that Yamaha has a decent list of bikes to be introduced over the next year or two, but he wasn't any more specific than that. Given that he wants to sell me an FZ-07, he's probably not lying (usually they refrain from talking about future bikes when they want to sell you something on the showroom floor today!)
I'm guessing the MT-03 will make an appearance before 2017 - that will help Yamaha compete even more with Honda's CB300/500f line.

Yamaha just announced the MT-10 for Canada, and since Yamaha-Canada is entirely subsidized by Yamaha-US, the MT/FZ-10 will likely be coming stateside too!

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I've been eyeballing the FZ-07's as well and I'm trying hard to convince myself that I dont need one.
A) I don't "need" it... I have a brand new R3 with 150 miles on it.
B) It costs more $$$
C) It's more $ to insure
D) The pegs hit me right in the legs at a stop

I just WANT one. LOL

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I've been eyeballing the FZ-07's as well and I'm trying hard to convince myself that I don't need one.
I just WANT one. LOL
I did the same thing, when I was comparing the R3 to the FZ-07.
Too many things were in favor of choosing the R3.

The ONLY thing the FZ-07 had going for it was the larger engine.
Everything else was better on the R3.

Had I picked the FZ-07, I would have spent another $3,000 over the R3.
Because.... I would have had to put a full exhaust on it, with a Fuel controller.
Also, some kind of front cowl/windscreen.

The FZ-07 is kinda ugly, to be honest. I hate the front headlight area.
And those cheap side covers above the pegs. Looks like an afterthought to hide something.

Same suspension in a heavier, more powerful bike = worse performance.
( Just look at the FZ-09 for proof of this! )

R3 is cheaper, it works better as a package, and it looks WAY better. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
The sound of the FZ with an aftermarket exhaust is pure sex. The sound of the R3 is... um... just not. :(

Don't get me wrong... I like the R3 and the wife would kill me if I bought another bike but the non-stop picking from friends on how I bought a chic's bike has me second guessing my decision.

Maybe I just need better friends

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
Maybe I just need better friends
Shallow crap friends, sorry dude. Real friends just want to have a good time however and whenever.

I have both a luxury and non-luxury vehicle. I had one friend that would rather walk than be seen getting into/out of my beater car (average Mazda hatch). How f'n shallow is that, nobody cares if you get out of a Mazda at a restaurant. Guess what, I don't really hang out with that friend any more. A person with zero interesting hobbies, only owns name brand stuff that (imo) brings zero value to one's life.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Keep in mind, the guys busting my balls don't ride.. They drive over-compensated Jeeps and Honda Accords.
If I didn't feel over-sized on the bike and if my wife never made the "it sounds like a scooter" comment, they would have a harder time getting into my head.
Either way, I'm happy with it and I'm also happy it doesn't have more power than it does right now.

I won't consider anything else until I've taken advanced rider lessons and until I've gotten rid of my chicken strips.
And who knows... when that time comes, I may just find a whole new respect for the R3 and keep it anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got asked by 95% of my friends why I paid so much for such a small bike....end of the day its what I wanted, that's all that counts!

As for the MT-03, seen it at the dealers and doesn't do anything for me, prefer the R3

1 - 20 of 53 Posts