Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thing I always hated about the MT-03 are the ugly silver parts of the fairing.

Recently I saw picture of the new 2018 MT03 model and noticed that they blacked it all out.

Since they use plastic parts I didn't want to paint them. There aren't any aftermarket fairing parts for the MT-03, but what found was even better. They just took the grey/black parts from the silver Model and put them on the black one. So I went to my local Yamaha Dealer and ordered those parts.

It is really easy to change them on your own, a 6 year old can do it. The results are awesome in my opinion. Don't know why they didnt sell it stock this way... Probably to release it as an awesome design change 2 years later.

2 pictures before and after.
Maybe I can also find a black sticker

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Name of the parts:

B04-F137V-00-P0
B04-F137U-00-P0

B04-XF17F-00-P0
B04-XF17A-00-P0

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also removed the passenger seat cowel. With the new seat cover they give you two small plastic covers for the silver blackrails

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I prefer the silver MT-03 with the blue frame and wheels. I like blue.
Enjoy your black Batman bike. I'm sure the cars can see you at night.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I prefer the silver MT-03 with the blue frame and wheels. I like blue.
Enjoy your black Batman bike. I'm sure the cars can see you at night.
The silver parts dont really reflect light. But I have reflective rim tape on my wheels and a glowing helmet. Should do the job.

But you are right, its harder to see if you don't take precautions

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well done. I need to take my MT-03 into the dealer next week and will check on the pricing of the black under seat fairing. Never have liked the silver fairing either. I changed out the silver heel guards and the passenger hand rail to aftermarket parts painted titanium.

The reflective wheel decals work great, I see them all the time on many motos here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Question! How do you like the Akra Carbon Slip On? In terms of sound, your own opinion of it vs stock?
Well the Slip On does change the sound a little bit, but the bike is still very quiet. The good thing is, that you are able to remove the baffle. And of course it looks better! I am not a native english speeker, so I don't know the right words to describe the sound. It's a little bit lower pitched and sound like deeper i guess? Haha ^^ If you really want to change the sound, go for a full system. If you just want to sound a little bit manlier go for the slip on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well the Slip On does change the sound a little bit, but the bike is still very quiet. The good thing is, that you are able to remove the baffle. And of course it looks better! I am not a native english speeker, so I don't know the right words to describe the sound. It's a little bit lower pitched and sound like deeper i guess? Haha ^^ If you really want to change the sound, go for a full system. If you just want to sound a little bit manlier go for the slip on.
For aftermarket exhausts, a few of my fellow R3 rider friends have full Devil, Yoshimora and Akrapovic exhausts and they are loud, a few of them have been pulled by the plod and have been also been issued noise pollution notices by the local council for MOT testing. It's illegal as it's for track use only, but each to their own if you like bringing attention to yourselves.

Reactions: VectorMT03

·
Registered
517 Posts
Can the mt03 be available in the US already?!
I have not seen one on the dealer floor the last time I was in the USA. The dealer told me that naked sports bikes do not sell well in the US, just cruisers and full fairing sport bikes. IDK, but I am loving my MT-03.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts