Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2020 R3 here in Australia. Are there any essential mods or really useful mods that I should consider for my new bike. P.S I have never owned a motorcycle before, this is my first one

·
Registered
3 Posts
The first 3 things I bought were: fender eliminator, rearsets and adjustable levers. Adjustable rear sets is probably not the most common first upgrade but the way stock ones are positioned they poke my calfs and I had huge bruises all the time :oops: I'm on the shorter side at 163 cm... probably not a problem for taller people :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
My mod list includes tail tidy, exhaust, bar ends, r6 throttle tube, touring windscreen, frame sliders, seat upgrade, tank grips, adjustable levers, and tail bag. Of course, I am modding it to my personal tastes, but some of these might prove worthwhile to look at getting. Congrats on your new ride and stay safe out there. ✌

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a 2020 R3 here in Australia. Are there any essential mods or really useful mods that I should consider for my new bike. P.S I have never owned a motorcycle before, this is my first one
Hi Peter,
Welcome to the group. Seeing as this is your first ride, the best advice I can give you is skip the mods for now and get involved in the 'Rider Safe Program' in your area. With luck you will learn the necessary skills to stay alive and enjoy what motorcycling brings, then maybe look into the mods to the bike.
Skills, abilities and knowledge can not be bought, they must be learnt.

Cheers B Lo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah i did the tail tidy and the slip on exhaust and just bought the r6 throttle tube to change the throttle so its a quicker response to full throttle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The first 3 things I bought were: fender eliminator, rearsets and adjustable levers. Adjustable rear sets is probably not the most common first upgrade but the way stock ones are positioned they poke my calfs and I had huge bruises all the time :oops: I'm on the shorter side at 163 cm... probably not a problem for taller people :cool:
Thanks for the tips, I'm also 163cm. Was the original seat height any problem to you? I haven't got the bike yet but will get one real soon

·
Registered
20 Posts
Daily commuter here. My essential mods:
1. Adjustable levers
2. Handle grips
3. Frame sliders & bar-ends
4. Reusable, washable air filter
5. Tank pad
As you progress in your riding, you'll know what you want. Focus more on your ride & safety first. Imo, performance mods are not necessary & costly. The R3 is a pretty capable all-rounder.
Here's a pic of my ride. I added a Givi bracket for storage capacity for long rides. Reflective rim stickers. Flush mount signal light mods added because the stock ones are ugly af, lol 😁

·
Registered
19 Posts
Started to mod my 2 days young R3. Attempt to build my own tail tidy. Will keep you posted if I will succeed 🤣

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awesome mate. Did u paint the rear grey panel or wrap? Also wat u doing with the rear indicators?
I wrapped the side panels. I might paint them and the front wheel cover gloss as the rest of the bike... maybe colour coded the mirrors too ;)
I'm waiting for a pair of indicators from ebay and the plate light as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wrapped the side panels. I might paint them and the front wheel cover gloss as the rest of the bike... maybe colour coded the mirrors too ;)
I'm waiting for a pair of indicators from ebay and the plate light as well
Can you drop the link for the wrap! The color matches so well, Im not a big fan of the grey, simply because they dont sell a rear seat cowl that matches it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts