Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my first year has past - back in late April.

I've performed numerous upgrades to individualize my bike, make it sound better, shed some weight, and more...I have almost 6k miles on her and she still rides like a beaut.

For me, this bike was always planned to keep forever (well until rust kicks in. lol). Every time I hop on and go out for a canyon ride, cruise DT LA at night, menace myself around with my buddies, or go exploring... insta-smile still pops up on my face.

I've ridden quite a few bikes in my time, and will ride many more (maybe even buy a few more), but my R3; she's a keeper for life....and far more enjoyable than many others I've experienced.

I'm hoping everyone else feels the same way with theirs!

Ride safe, ATGATT, and continue enjoying this near-perfect ride :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
That means your clutch bearing is still intact. What are you going to do if USA has a recall. I have had mine for 6 months now and no signs of clutch bearing problems either.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That means your clutch bearing is still intact. What are you going to do if USA has a recall. I have had mine for 6 months now and no signs of clutch bearing problems either.
If my bike is part of the recall...then sure, I'll get it replaced. No reason not to.

But yeah, no problems here and I shift a lot (LA traffic and canyon riding). Plus I keep my bike in the 7k +/- range to keep the power ready for when needed. My bikes temp stays pretty constant on the 3rd bar, sometimes 4th on a hot 100+ deg day and while riding the canyons at 7-10k rpm , but goes right back down to the 3rd bar once I take it easy on her.

Maybe the bike they found the issue on, and initiated this recall, has 30-40k miles on it and millions of clutch pulls :) Could just be a 'future' preventative recall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts