Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys , Hello from Brisbane Australia :)... New Member :D!! I collected my new R3 yesterday and decided to ride it directly to my mates tuning shop which was all of 14km away.

I have decided to run the bike in on the dyno then perform a baseline to see what she puts down at the rear in stock form.

See attached Dyno for the result after the bike was run in today !! I was surprised to see 39.5HP @the rears in stock form but that's the baseline.

Now for the fun part - Mods and Mods ! I will be installing all at once the following upgrades, once installed and customed tuned I will provide the before and after results. Pump gas !

1. Full Akro System
2. K&N Filter
3. Airbox Mod ?? not sure what he's doing but he has something in mind ;)
4. Smog Block Off
5 PCV
6. Custom Map
7. Tail Tidy Yoshi

I will report back in the next few days with the results.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from England,subscribed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Untuned I'm sure it will fizz out a bit .... BUT ... once the timing curve and AFR's are optimised i doubt this will be the case , its all in the person tuning the bike I guess. I will report back today.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Few pics of the parts installed or ready to be installed. Still waiting to get the Bike back from the Dyno tuning. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tuning Results

Dyno Graph attached after fitting the PCV,K&N and the full Akro exhaust .... Baffle in produced the best power gain ! Solid Mid-range gains along with some awesome weight reduction ! Power gains are in line with what's been reported already with a peak power of 41.5HPATW !! I was hoping for more but it is what it is ! :):D

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Chris, interested to see how it all pans out.
Iv'e popped around 5k on my black r3 around Bris (im based at Holland Park) mine is pretty stock, i popped a slip on thats all.

Dont know a great deal about how/what to do to squeeze more power. Always open to advice or a ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really don't think your going to get the most bang for your buck by trying to add more power without doing engine mods. I'm going with braided brake lines and better tires as the factory tires seem to slip a lot when leaned over. I've got rid of the fender with TST eliminator and led turns all around, put Akro slip on exhaust ( having a custom shop make a pipe to get rid of the muffler box). So with the weight reduction and better grip and stopping power will come more confidence.
If any one has any tire that are both good for street let me know as im unsure of what to get.
This is just my opinion from reading reviews and riding

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bike Home

HI Guys , bike was dropped off yesterday after the tuning and most of the parts have been installed , few minor parts to go but she's ready to ride ! Mid range is outstanding and the bike runs like a charm !! :)

Short video : https://youtu.be/be8k-fuovV4 Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Extra Hardware

Bike is coming together ... few extra Bits purchased which will arrive this week. :D Started dialing in the preload on the rear shock .... but certainly need some fine tuning in the front end ! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chain Conversion

Adding the Spears Racing 415 Drive chain Kits: This is for the Yamaha YZF R-3 this kit will reduce the rotating mass of your drive assembly by over 2.5 lbs.The rear sprocket is made from the highest grade aluminum aerospace quality 7075-T651 (13.2 oz.), the DID415ERZ chain has a tensile strength of 4,540 (1lb.15.7oz) and the counter shaft sprocket (5.1oz). This kit is Standard with a 18 tooth front sprocket and a 55 tooth rear
sprocket. (Finial Drive Ratio 3.056) Stock(OEM Finial Drive 3.071 )

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have Ordered the Full M4 exhaust today.... I'm going t to some side by side comparisons against the full Akro system !! Stayed tuned !! ;):D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You are throwing alot of money at that bike. It looks great, but I would have replaced the TIRES before putting all that other stuff on it. The stock tires are definitely the "weak-link" on these bikes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts