Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking of giving them a call to see if I can get a head count for us. Or at least vins. They didn't have the notice but I think they should have. Since it states the effected vins.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah.....There's been deaths. Or at least that's the rumor...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Oh yeah.....There's been deaths. Or at least that's the rumor.
:eek:

Sadly, that's the quickest way to really light a fire under their a$$es to get this problem taken care of.

YAMAHA went too far cutting corners on the R3 to keep the price down.
It's going to cost them in the long run.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly. Plastic gears inside a oil pump? Come on. Plus they had to have an oil pump that could have worked on the bike already a time tested one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well this is kind of relieving in a way...cuz my dealership told me I had an oil leak when they did my last oil change and they stripped down my bike to see where it was coming from. They said its coming from "the most difficult spot of the engine" whatever that means...and they submitted a warranty claim thru Yamaha which is pending...I'm hoping that it's related to the oil pump issue and it'll get fixed quickly with no cost out of pocket. I'm at 12,000+ miles and almost a year old lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dealer(I sadly didn't buy my bike from them they didn't have blue but I should have waited) is totally down to earth not push they let you come to them if you want to buy. They say we're here and that's it. They let you take the bikes on long rides by yourself. You start coming bin they honestly treat you like family they don't do that I need to talk to my manager crap. Anyways the moment I said Japan got an r3 recall he jumped an said oh we do to well an intent to recall. They haven't sent vins but they way it's worded makes it sound like all. Lime the one tech said one pump isn't going to be different than another, same with the clutch. They also agreed that if Yamaha does try to play that game we all should push back an demand it be changed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Actually one oil pump can be quite a bit different from another for the same engine. Yamaha likely purchases pumps from outside suppliers who are given a set of specifications to meet. The pumps that meet the specs are purchased in lots and installed on bikes and then tracked by the s/n.

·
Registered
132 Posts

He didn't have the vins... they're not allowed to sell them or even turn them on in the show room.

That's good to see. Now if they can apply it to my purchase.

However, I see that Yamaha dealers aren't supposed to sell the bike with this recall and the place I bought it from did. They still have the bike too and are not going to let me take possession of it until they get something so something can be done.

In going to call the #'s in it tomorrow and see if I can get any status.

Reactions: RebelRayna

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am too. My dealer said the parts should be coming in but they haven't said the vins. They're assuming all.

·
Registered
334 Posts
From my friend at the Dealer.....

Hey Daniel, it's Joe. I seen that notice and I think you can rest assured that your R3 does not fall under this recall. When I put in your VIN number your bike did not come up for any recalls of any kind. I will give you a call tomorrow for more info. Talk to you later

·
Registered
132 Posts
My dealer will have my purchased bike 2 weeks this Thursday due to this recall.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Hey Daniel, it's Joe. I seen that notice and I think you can rest assured that your R3 does not fall under this recall. When I put in your VIN number your bike did not come up for any recalls of any kind. I will give you a call tomorrow for more info. Talk to you later

The vins have yet to be released to the dealers as per my dealer.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

They showed me there was yet to be vins released. They were just informed to not let anyone test ride or sell the bike.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts