Yamaha R3 Forums banner

My First Track Day at Eastern Creek in Sydney

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Firedan50 
#1 ·
Last Sunday was my first track day ever. It was at Sydney Motorspots Park (aka Eastern Creek). I was very anxious before the first session as I didn't know what to expect. I have no friends who do track days or ride a motorcycle to give any advice or share the experience. Ever since I started riding 4 years ago I was out there by myself - learning to ride, dropping the bike, picking it up and learning more, learning to work on bike and modify it to liking without any help from aside. Finally, I finished my project so I've got a fully blown track ready bike which is also legal to use on Sydney streets. In total I may have spent hundreds of hours of labor and a lot of $$$ on parts but the result is well worth it I believe as well as all the fun and experience I've got from the track day sessions.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats on getting out there, and hopefully you can do a bunch more!

If you haven't already, look around in the pits when you're out there, see if there's any regular groups or clubs to look in to. IME there's usually at least a few that have a presence on the web you can seek out. It's helpful to pit together with some regulars, not so much for coaching since not everyone is in the same group (though many can at least give track specific tips), but they'll help get set-up and cleaned up at the end, share some food/beverages, etc.

Reactions: airhead83
#7 ·
Check the pictures one more time :) it's all there - engine case covers, Graves sliders, they are almost flush with the body work. I was going for looks mostly. I don't like big protruding sliders from other vendors as they ruin the looks of the bike. If I crash, I can replace the fairings. I can repair almost anything on this bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.