Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I guess nobody sells the Yosh header and mid-pipe, or if they do, it's barely cheaper than a full R-77 system. Lucky for me my girlfriend offered to buy the R-77 full system for me as a late birthday gift (yeah, she's the best ever). My plan is:

1. Order the R-77 full exhaust plus Graves block-off plate on the 31st.
2. Install both, sell my Yoshimura R3 OEM slip-on, use funds towards #3
3. Order the Power commander or Bazazz FI along with BMC air-filter from Spears with a pre-installed map at the end of November.

I read all the posts I could about full exhaust / fuel mgt. and am aware of the limited power gains, but does anybody have advice on power commander vs. Bazazz?

Thanks for reading / advice!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm gonna chop of the placenta containing the catastrophic converter,
make a 2 into 1 Merge collector,

Make S bend increasing from 43mm to 49mm,

a stubby MotoGP style

some 50mm Perf Core, packing, and a spacer insert.

$100 and some enjoyable rocket science.

Spend the rest on Dynojet PCV auto tune and fine tuning as there is nothing wrong with the factory twin downpipes.
Titanium is illegal for my race series anyway.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm gonna chop of the placenta containing the catastrophic converter,
make a 2 into 1 Merge collector,

Make S bend increasing from 43mm to 49mm,

a stubby MotoGP style

some 50mm Perf Core, packing, and a spacer insert.

$100 and some enjoyable rocket science.

Spend the rest on Dynojet PCV auto tune and fine tuning as there is nothing wrong with the factory twin downpipes.
Titanium is illegal for my race series anyway.
Pretty cool, can't wait to see pics of the finished project. It is crazy how much a full exhaust + fuel mgt. is compared to the extra HP they get you, only reasons I'm doing it are 1) I got the bike as a gift and (2) try as I might to be an adult, I really want a louder exhaust note

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WooHoo! Just ordered the R77 Yosh system w/ R&G block off plate! Hoping it arrives by next weekend, I'll post pics and a video of sound comparisons of the R3 OEM slipon VS the full system.

Also, anybody in Phoenix area looking for the R# Yosh slipon, let me know, I'm thinking $200 OBO

·
Registered
732 Posts
WooHoo! Just ordered the R77 Yosh system w/ R&G block off plate! Hoping it arrives by next weekend, I'll post pics and a video of sound comparisons of the R3 OEM slipon VS the full system.

Also, anybody in Phoenix area looking for the R# Yosh slipon, let me know, I'm thinking $200 OBO

I have a PC5 & AutoTune. I think it's fine for the R3. Bazazz is really good. If you were on the track & interested in Quick Shift/Traction control, then I'd say go Bazazz.

Congrats! Yosh R77 is nice. I'd say if you go Yosh R77, M4, or new Akra for a full system you can't go wrong either way. I'd go Titanium-holds up better in case of fall over/crash, and won't get UV damage like CF although I love CF weave patterns. If you want to save loot, nothing wrong with a regular chrome pipe to save bucks.

Yeah, it's pricey, but every extra HP helps especially for a lower cc bike IMAO. Stock pipe is butt ugly too. What else you going to spend it on? Gucci jeans? If a girl can drop $3 G's on an effin bag (among here 30 odd so bags), a dude bro can buy a full exhaust and freaking PC5.

Read this post on full exhausts/eFuel Injection module testing by @jbluetooth

http://www.yamahar3racing.com/2016/...p-on-and-stock-exhaust-tuned-with-bazzaz-zfi/

Also, I recommend getting some parts from @jbluetooth and @SpearsRacing. They're small boutique shops and vendors here. They make their own block off plates, levers, sprocket nuts, and off nice aftermarket parts and name brand stuff oftentimes for cheaper and will give you direct support here on forums and give "How To" guides as well. Both can supply you with custom maps. I'd recommend learning to load maps-its easy if you have a laptop.

Cheers! Oh, I'd list your old exhaust in For Sale section.

Kenji

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have found some complete exhaust systems costing an arm and a leg.
Found the following on the internet, you can buy the pipes separate and fit your own slip-on.

Looked at the M4 but I want keep the original exhaust intact.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GT-...32755950688.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.RUMLLA

Copy and paste
****, thats inexpensive! I would be curious to see the quality of welds and fit having worked on bikes with plastics from China (tabs were crap and gaps were wiiiide)

·
Registered
134 Posts
****, thats inexpensive! I would be curious to see the quality of welds and fit having worked on bikes with plastics from China (tabs were crap and gaps were wiiiide)

I have the pipes in my workshop, looks okay visually and the Leo Vince looks just like the ones I can buy over the counter, here in Thailand? But, I am waiting, until the first service has been carried out before doing any changes to the exhaust system.

(One, big bike repair shop in Korat (Thailand) who are doing a big bore conversion on my CBR-R 248cc to 305cc)

Well they have done a few of these complete exhaust changes on the R3. "WEBIKE" Bangkok supplied the pipes. Guys in this shop, said that there is no difference from the (So called) "Yamaha" pipes from 'WEBIKE' and the ones from Aliexpress.

I have got rid of the pillion seat and added this cover from Aliexpress. The price savings is incredible.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...32761347079.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.zr5HS3

Agree with you about the Chinese quality/bikes. I bought 2 "Gumba Rusto", they are a re-badged "Jonway Thunder" 250cc twins here in Thailand. Cost 20% of my R3 but you are always spending time on them.

Can anyone please give me a link to a blank plate supplier for my R3, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts