Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oooo... shiny! I want one of those too. The small bikes look so fun to ride. That green looks fantastic on the z125 pro. I sat on a grom, but I felt cramped, and I only stand at 5'7". Nevertheless, the minuscule size and light weight of these bikes is alluring.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just rode it around my neighborhood a little bit. It's brand new, so I didn't get on the throttle too much.
It's SO LIGHT. It's TINY! It feels tiny. I am 5'10", but I didn't feel cramped on it. The seat height is good.
The reach to the bars is very close. I would move the bars forward a bit. The dash is nice, it even has a
gear position indicator. I like the analog tach. The dash reminded me of the dash on the R3.
The handling is really twitchy. Small wheels, very short wheelbase. You can turn on a dime, and get a
nickel back! It seems like a fun bike for around town. The owner lives close to his work. He basically
bought the Gromasaki to go back and forth to work, so he doesn't have to put the miles on his FZ-09.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does it come out of a backpack? Kidding...

It this a pit bike now or what is it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Z125 looks like a blast. I want one. Currently own a Grom but I would love to mod one for kart track days or shredding down this 1 way canyons called Tuna Canyon. I'll wait for a used one though. I don't think the Z125 is worth $3000.

Here's me chasing a RC390 easily on an 8HP mini moto.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4MOqbnik1M

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly, when Yamaha brings the FZ-03 to the USA... that would be the way to go. The GRoM and the Z125 are just way too small to be practical for anything other than a skate-park or a mall parking lot.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am glad kawi decided to make a grom competitor. Now I just have to wait till some cheap groms or z125s show up on CL to get my hands on my future mini race bike :D if a grom was on CL in my area about a month ago it wouldnt be up for sale for long and the average asking price was in the high 3000s

already seeing some groms show up for 3000 grand now that this has hit showrooms

this is my local mini racing club running their grom prix at the local go-kart trak, looks so fun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts