Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
t-rav, almost one thousand USD included labor....But I think it's really worth compare with the stock brake system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Loving the tail kit! yes curious, is the rear included? And get some steal braided lines!!! ;) Would love to hear impressions or data on the old vs new

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are you racing the bike ??,,kinda pricey for a $4900 bike ??

Also remember if you sell the bike, you'll never get your money back :crying:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wonder if there aren't any larger calipers available from a lesser known name brand, with the same braking power?
I'm sure they can be interchanged, and need just a brake flush, for a price less than half of what you paid for...

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
I have some Vesrah pads on order, combined with stainless lines, I bet the stopping power will be plenty with the stock rotor and calipers, but I'll review as soon as the stuff arrives.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have some Vesrah pads on order, combined with stainless lines, I bet the stopping power will be plenty with the stock rotor and calipers, but I'll review as soon as the stuff arrives.
Really like the Vesrah pads I put on my R1. Everyone online was saying it has too much intitial bite but I actually wish it had a little more. The brembos on my previous bike (aprilia) spoiled me.

Going to do SS lines and better pads on the R3 as soon as the women gets more experienced.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Can't go wrong with Brembo. You just need Ohlin forks and shocks lol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
True you want to maintain higher turn in speed with small low power bikes but there are some corners that still require you to slow down using the brakes to adjust your speed at corner entry. With strong brakes that you can trust to do the job braking can be done later and in less distance witch improves lap times. If you can count on your brakes you can keep it pinned that much longer before braking to set turn entry speed.

I too am confident that a stainless brake line and Vesrah RLJ brake pads will be more than adequate. but if my Race org allowed this brembo set up I would probably get one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, that is the question. How *does* it compare with stock?
Well, I have just rode a short trip after installed the new brake kit and I think still need to take sometime for run-in. But from my guts feeling, the performance was improve around 30%...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts