Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. buying a new bike. so I am going serious track weapon for my R3.
So I have started looking for a 2nd hand engine so I can have it built.

But having issues getting pistons and rods for it. no one makes them
has anyone seen any big aftermarket brands stocking parts for it?
as I want to go to 13:1 comp ratio. 40 tho oversize at least. clean the heads up. titanium valves. I already have 2 cams being developed from the 2017 bikes as the 2015 prone to breaking.
so I might even sell my custom grinds if you want one soon.

so any brands? or is there a area on the net has detailed drawing/ pic of the pistons so I can give it to wiseco manley mahle too see who can build em?
or if someone has a piston and rod they can use but is still usable for this factor. let me know ill give you something for it .

Regards
J

·
Registered
424 Posts
Be aware that if you building this for the race track, you'll likely proceed to racing it in the future and not all racing racing orgs will allow engine work. Check what you are allowed to do just incase you decide to go racing later on

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Be aware that if you building this for the race track, you'll likely proceed to racing it in the future and not all racing racing orgs will allow engine work. Check what you are allowed to do just incase you decide to go racing later on
Pretty much every organization I've seen around here has at least one class for the sub 500cc bikes that you can pretty much do anything you want as long as the frame is from a production bike. Then there are the people that have cheater bikes but nobody contests it because there are barely any people in the little bike classes and nobody cares enough to do it. There is a guy that has a ninja "250", that's actually a 330 or something like that and has done a crap load of work to it. It puts out about 54-55 hp at the wheel. Can't compete against that.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Pretty much every organization I've seen around here has at least one class for the sub 500cc bikes that you can pretty much do anything you want as long as the frame is from a production bike. Then there are the people that have cheater bikes but nobody contests it because there are barely any people in the little bike classes and nobody cares enough to do it. There is a guy that has a ninja "250", that's actually a 330 or something like that and has done a crap load of work to it. It puts out about 54-55 hp at the wheel. Can't compete against that.
LOL! You can bet your ass I will protest when I go racing and he is in any of my races. I am pretty sure he knows it too. I cannot stand cheater bikes nor the people who run them and don't DQ themselves after the race. Called him out once on the CCS forums already.

I specifically register for the GTL races since the R3 doesn't "fit" in the GTUL class, per CCS rules. Then I just grid at the back so I can have fun racing with the Ninjas.

It is pretty sad he registers for a class he knows he doesn't fit in but then tries to compete with the SVs.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
LOL! You can bet your ass I will protest when I go racing and he is in any of my races. I am pretty sure he knows it too. I cannot stand cheater bikes nor the people who run them and don't DQ themselves after the race. Called him out once on the CCS forums already.

I specifically register for the GTL races since the R3 doesn't "fit" in the GTUL class, per CCS rules. Then I just grid at the back so I can have fun racing with the Ninjas.

It is pretty sad he registers for a class he knows he doesn't fit in but then tries to compete with the SVs.
Yeah so you know exactly of whom I'm talking about! lol...That's fine if he wants to compete against the SV with his "250" on steroids. He's actually pretty **** fast and has done well from what I could see against the supersport SV's...but when he enters in the 500 superbike or Moto 3 and competes against 300s and R3s and RC390s when he's got 40% more power than everyone else, that's some BS right there.

So did he or anyone else say anything when you called him out on the CCS forum?? I wasn't aware than anyone even posts on the CCS forum lol

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yeah so you know exactly of whom I'm talking about! lol...That's fine if he wants to compete against the SV with his "250" on steroids. He's actually pretty **** fast and has done well from what I could see against the supersport SV's...but when he enters in the 500 superbike or Moto 3 and competes against 300s and R3s and RC390s when he's got 40% more power than everyone else, that's some BS right there.

So did he or anyone else say anything when you called him out on the CCS forum?? I wasn't aware than anyone even posts on the CCS forum lol
I had questioned what the bike was since it blew by me in practice and one of the races. I knew it was "supposed" to be a 250 or 300. He responded by saying he had planned on pitting early in the race and had only been out there to show someone around the track. That race ended in a red flag though. He never admitted it was a cheater bike though. Why no one protests him is beyond me. Especially since it is pretty common knowledge it is a cheater

You are right, he is a fast rider. No doubt about it. That is another part that bothers me. Why cheat if you are fast? Especially with an over the top cheater. It just makes you look like an a$$hole.

HERE is his build thread though.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I had questioned what the bike was since it blew by me in practice and one of the races. I knew it was "supposed" to be a 250 or 300. He responded by saying he had planned on pitting early in the race and had only been out there to show someone around the track. That race ended in a red flag though. He never admitted it was a cheater bike though. Why no one protests him is beyond me. Especially since it is pretty common knowledge it is a cheater

You are right, he is a fast rider. No doubt about it. That is another part that bothers me. Why cheat if you are fast? Especially with an over the top cheater. It just makes you look like an a$$hole.

HERE is his build thread though.
Because he's not the FASTEST! ;)...so he has to cheat to get the win. Drew wins pretty much every little bike race on his supersport legal 300, because he's fast. Bruce can't do it with an equivalent bike so he went all out on a 250. His son on the other hand...he's FAST!

I'm really not sure what is going on there though because everyone knows the specs on that bike and knows it's not legal for some of the classes he runs.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Your guess is as good as mine as to why no one protests. It may be that the 300 class tends to have newer racers in and they don't want to rock the boat.

If he was just doing it to see how much HP can be had from a small bike I can understand, but then enter the appropriate class. The rules are there to try to keep the field, somewhat, equal.

The bigger issue I see is that if your willing to cheat at the club level, where there is little to no contingency money, what are you willing to do when there is money on the line. I don't have a reputation to risk and i wouldn't cheat. He does though.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Your guess is as good as mine as to why no one protests. It may be that the 300 class tends to have newer racers in and they don't want to rock the boat.

If he was just doing it to see how much HP can be had from a small bike I can understand, but then enter the appropriate class. The rules are there to try to keep the field, somewhat, equal.

The bigger issue I see is that if your willing to cheat at the club level, where there is little to no contingency money, what are you willing to do when there is money on the line. I don't have a reputation to risk and i wouldn't cheat. He does though.
Also because nobody wants to spend $500 to contest someone and risk not getting it back.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It's only $50 now. They have a tool to measure bore and stroke without pulling the heads. Just pull the spark plugs.

As for the OP, I have not seen any aftermarket pistons or rods for the R3. I would contact Wiseco to see if they have anything that would fit. Otherwise Spears Racing might be developing some. I know he already has high lift cams.

You could also check with webBike. They are in Japan so shipping might be high unless you can hit their free shipping threshold.

You have also been provided with good info as to how people will feel if you do decide to go racing and you don't follow the rules. They may not protest, but they will think you are a complete douche.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm thinking about going track only with mine as well. Just bought a used spare engine to build. Let me know what you find out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts