Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, they have a four hole pattern on the back. Center to center on the holes is 7/16" or about 12 mm.

See photo on thread, "Sato rearsets installed," page 2.
I have just been looking at the Arashi website; it only lists sets for the R1 and R6. I can't see anything for the R25 / R3.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just checked the Area 22 website; same situation. Sets for the R1 and R6, but nothing for the R25 / R3.
Well, I haven't the foggiest. These fit very well and were obviously designed specifically for the R3.

The aluminum is 10mm thick, the edges are all beveled/chamfered, the hardware is stainless and the anodizing is consistent across all the pieces.

It took a few minor tweaks, such as putting a washer on the lower frame mounting bolt (bottom holes aren't "through holes" and the provided screws are a little too long) and sliding the brake hose forward a bit. Hardest part was making the switch spring the right length to make sure the brake light functioned. You have to use the stock banjo fitting on the shift arm (remove that one on the shift rod that comes with kit). Shift rod has right hand threads on one end, left hand on the other.

The whole installation took about an hour, Shifter side 20 minutes (very easy), Brake side 40 minutes (still easy, just need to make a couple adjustments)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I haven't the foggiest. These fit very well and were obviously designed specifically for the R3.

The aluminum is 10mm thick, the edges are all beveled/chamfered, the hardware is stainless and the anodizing is consistent across all the pieces.

It took a few minor tweaks, such as putting a washer on the lower frame mounting bolt (bottom holes aren't "through holes" and the provided screws are a little too long) and sliding the brake hose forward a bit. Hardest part was making the switch spring the right length to make sure the brake light functioned. You have to use the stock banjo fitting on the shift arm (remove that one on the shift rod that comes with kit). Shift rod has right hand threads on one end, left hand on the other.

The whole installation took about an hour, Shifter side 20 minutes (very easy), Brake side 40 minutes (still easy, just need to make a couple adjustments)
As long as it is good product that fits and performs well I guess it doesn't matter, which it seems to be; but it is odd. Maybe they will turn up on the Arashi or Area 22 website soon.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Full view shots

Here are 2 photos of the whole bike.

First one is taken in Woodland Park, Colorado, at 8,500 feet elevation, with Pikes Peak in the background

Second one is looking down on Cripple Creek, Colorado from the overlook at around 9,300 feet elevation.

It's been a very wet Spring so far and there is still a lot of snow above 10,000 feet.

CC1.jpg

CC2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'll be making plates to get them higher/rearwards than the kit allows,

your Frame plates are mounted upside down, the pegs look dangerously low.

Thanks for the pics, have some on order, saw some on the weekend and they do have bearings.
The frame plates can only go on one way. There's a front side and a back side. They come fully assembled as you see them.

I have mine set in the lowest and most forward of the four possible setting positions and the pegs are still 1/2" higher than stock and 1/2" rearwards from stock. That's not what I wanted but they're actually very comfortable.

At maximum setting they will move up another 7/16"/12mm and back the same amount.

You can also adjust the shift peg position (for both height and forward/background) and the brake peg position (peg forward/backward, and lever height using the little red eccentric)

I think you'll like them......

NOTE: DEFINITELY use some medium LockTite (or whatever thread locker you have available there in WA) on all bolts. After a 150 mile shakedown ride my shift peg was almost unscrewed all the way and the foot pegs had loosened up.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice job and really nice rear sets FangShui. I like a more subdued look like black rear sets but those look pretty sick as a contrast to the other black hardware around it. It pops without looking strange.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts