Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to share my version of the 2016 Yamaha R3, especially since the Canadian winter is keeping it hibernated. I know there may be some that say I should of bought a FZ07/600 SS or ask why I put so much effort into a bike that's only 300cc. But in reality, I am just happy that I am able to ride something that looks exactly how I want it!

The mod list so far is:

1) BLK LAB street fighter kit by Josh
2) Harley Davidson 5.75" LED daymaker + bucket and fork brackets (amazon)
3) Vortex Clip-ons with Vortex grips
4) Bar-end mirrors (amazon)
5) Cheap shorty levels (amazon)
6) Black radiator guard (amazon)
7) Flush mount LED turn signals (TST industries)
8) Vinyl wrapped heel guard and upper fork tubes
9) Shinko 705 tires (120/70 front and 150/60 rear)
10) De-badged M4 Street Slayer exhaust (wrapped with black exhaust heat wrap)
11) Bazzaz with piggyback tuner from Jesse (block off plates too)
12) TechSpec tank pads (snake skin)
13) Vagabond frame sliders
14) Integrated smoked taillight from TST (soon to be installed)

Next mods:
1) Fitting a Hayabusa engine into the R3 frame

Edit:
Motonosity is doing a very similar build with his Yamaha R3 but with a different colour scheme, excited to see how it turns out

Attachments

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Completely off topic but I rode a Duc scrambler 400 today. Friend of mine bought it and I helped take it home. Torquey little motor. Didn’t like the bar position or seat height but looks like a cool ride to cruise on.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I like it!

Can you post more pictures (maybe even pictures of the build)? I’m also following the motonosity build and there aren’t many pictures on the net showing all the various angles on the kit and the pieces that come with the kit.

What type of tail light does it come with, and how does it mount to the chopped tail? Also, how was it dealing with blk lab? (I read somewhere that it’s a one man shop causing communication and shipping times to become strained).

I wonder how much that sucker weighs with the rear chopped and plastics removed..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it!

Can you post more pictures (maybe even pictures of the build)? I’m also following the motonosity build and there aren’t many pictures on the net showing all the various angles on the kit and the pieces that come with the kit.

What type of tail light does it come with, and how does it mount to the chopped tail? Also, how was it dealing with blk lab? (I read somewhere that it’s a one man shop causing communication and shipping times to become strained).

I wonder how much that sucker weighs with the rear chopped and plastics removed..
Hey Chris,

I'll post more once I get my bike back from Josh, he borrowed my bike to recreate an updated version for Motonosity! Maybe in the spring I'll do a walk around video of the bike if you're interested.

The build reuses the stock taillight from the R3, which is good since it has a nice sharp profile at the end. He had to cut some of the stock fairings near the rear, added pieces from the kit, and attached it to the frame with some bolts, allowing it to look nicely integrated (refer to photo below). Motonosity will probably mention it in his build series when he gets to it.

Josh from blk lab is great, he is local for me so I did not have a problem communicating with him and getting everything organized for the street fighter kit. In addition, I am pretty sure he has sent his kits internationally before, so it should not be a problem if you are interested in it!

And the weight of the bike, to be honest, may be the same weight. Even with the cut frame, the fairings from the kit feel a lot sturdier and heavier than the stock fairings, like it'll take some effort to bend those pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sounds great. Yeah, I’d love to see more pictures detailing the kit add ons, and a video walk around would be killer.

A Blk Lab Ninja 250 (I believe) was for sale in my area some time within the past few years and I almost bought it. I really like the look of these kits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just wanted to share my version of the 2016 Yamaha R3, especially since the Canadian winter is keeping it hibernated. I know there may be some that say I should of bought a FZ07/600 SS or ask why I put so much effort into a bike that's only 300cc. But in reality, I am just happy that I am able to ride something that looks exactly how I want it!

The mod list so far is:

1) BLK LAB street fighter kit by Josh
2) Harley Davidson 5.75" LED daymaker + bucket and fork brackets (amazon)
3) Vortex Clip-ons with Vortex grips
4) Bar-end mirrors (amazon)
5) Cheap shorty levels (amazon)
6) Black radiator guard (amazon)
7) Flush mount LED turn signals (TST industries)
8) Vinyl wrapped heel guard and upper fork tubes
9) Shinko 705 tires (120/70 front and 150/60 rear)
10) De-badged M4 Street Slayer exhaust (wrapped with black exhaust heat wrap)
11) Bazzaz with piggyback tuner from Jesse (block off plates too)
12) TechSpec tank pads (snake skin)
13) Vagabond frame sliders
14) Integrated smoked taillight from TST (soon to be installed)

Next mods:
1) Fitting a Hayabusa engine into the R3 frame

Edit:
Motonosity is doing a very similar build with his Yamaha R3 but with a different colour scheme, excited to see how it turns out
That’s awesome!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts