Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread about my (would be short or) long racing.

Going this weekend, practice session, qualifying, race.

My main concern is no warm up before each session.

81. :D .

·
Registered
424 Posts
A thread about my (would be short or) long racing.

Going this weekend, practice session, qualifying, race.

My main concern is no warm up before each session.

81. :D .

Will this be part of the ASBK (production 400 or R3 cup)?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
some photos guys :D

i will leave the rear, i am just too tired (lazy) to change it to race fairing. is it fine running rear like that? and i just knew i need to remove the brake light? i might as well replace the whole rear while at it.

i am planning to switch to road between races.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the fairing and thought i need to change the rear, but then again, stock is fine and just glass/lamp need to go?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wo, i only know belly pan maybe needed. That bit can work with catch bottle too i think.

How strict are the scrutineers?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Wo, i only know belly pan maybe needed. That bit can work with catch bottle too i think.

How strict are the scrutineers?

I don't know how strict they are but is it worth them stopping you from entering? Is it worth receiving a penalty? Is it worth someone protesting you if you do well?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Too slow, kicked out :(. Was improving in time though, 1.12s lap i am doing 1.59s, was 2.03s but i was yellow flagged in last lap, improving from 2.09s. definitely need outside practice in track days, but very grsat experience, i thought there will be plenty of riders like me :(.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know how strict they are but is it worth them stopping you from entering? Is it worth receiving a penalty? Is it worth someone protesting you if you do well?
Yes, i thought just penalty, but it actually is not allowed to enter.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
guys i did track day at local track here broadford, and just manage a 1.36, regular 600 are 1.15. i decided that i am not to pursue racing, as i weight improving lap times and risk of it. so it is a short end!. i still enjoy road riding which is way way better in my opinion. improving overall lap times on a road is more addictive than track riding in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts