Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up this 2016 R1 1700 miles on it. Paid 13k for it.. Power commander w/ auto tune, Yoshimura full system, Michelin Road 4 GT tires, Driven axis grips, CRG MC2 levers, . A rocket ship. My cravings are satisfied. 4 power modes, Mode 3 reminds of my R3 with Yosh full system :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Very nice bike, what a beast, the yellow should catch the car driver's attention.

Reactions: Bird

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I rode an R1 for 13 years so its more a return to where I belong. Tried a 2016 r6, it was just not for me.
I tried a 2016 R6 too. I hated it. I literally hated everything about it.

I can finally just be satisfied and ride. So sweet.
I feel the same way everytime I ride my Fireblade!
:nerd:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Best color for that gen! I almost pulled the trigger on one but decided to keep my trusty 05.

Interesting that its had a tire change with that low miles.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Best color for that gen! I almost pulled the trigger on one but decided to keep my trusty 05.

Interesting that its had a tire change with that low miles.

Saw my twin today while out riding at a lunch stop.

Not sure why the guy changed the tires. On the positive side I did run them pretty hard in fog and heavy mist on wet roads and they were handling great.

I have the original tires came with the bike. They are still good.

I dont like the windscreen mine came with. Large and thin, very flimsy, the entire front fairing is swimming around.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the windscreen. It looks like a ZeroGravity Corsa. Those are good. I have one on my Fireblade.
Going to give it some time, it does actually have some decent aerodynamics when I am in a forward lean. This bike is just amazing. I should have just never left 1000ccs.

Used the R3's as physical therapy after an accident. Should have just skipped the R6.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congrats!

I've been toying with the idea of getting another bike. The R3 was my first bike and I've since turned it into a dedicated track bike. I miss being able to just jump on and ride whenever I need a break from life. The '17 R6 makes me...well, I'll keep it PG, and I love the 15+ R1 as well. I don't know how I'd feel jumping straight to the thousand, but I know it would be better for street riding. Eventually it would end up on the track so I feel like putting up with an R6 on the street might be ok till then. Just thinking out loud ;)

Anyway, enjoy that R1. I love the 60th anni design :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Either one would be fine. They both have multiple power modes. Easily handled by all skill levels.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it looks good in yellow.

Reactions: Bird
1 - 19 of 19 Posts