Yamaha R3 Forums banner

My Seventh Motorcycle.../Forums are Dying.

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  zeeshan 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I bought a new, matte black, 2019 model R3 about five weeks ago, and have since finished breaking in the engine and testing the bike to see exactly what it's capable of and determine what final drive gearing I will run on it. I'm in SoCal and will be using this bike primarily as a long distance commuter -- likely around 90 miles a day/five days a week. I'm hoping to get very high miles out of it, which is why I'll be changing the gearing (to reduce engine RPM). So far, I've been very impressed with what this little bike (the 7th I've owned and ~52nd I've ridden...) and what it can do with such a small displacement and for so little money!

As for this forum, and "traditional" online motorcycle forums in general, it seems like they are becoming relics of the past. I have been on the Yamaha TW200 forum for many years, and have noticed a considerable decline in activity there. Additionally, my experience on this R3 forum so far has indicated to me that not too many people are actively discussing this bike or the nuances of motorcycling here... It's too bad. I guess it's all instant gratification from three second "posts" on Instagram and Snapchat now.

#3 ·
Never been on spacebook so I can't really compare. But I do enjoy motorcycle forums.
Hopefully they stick around. If they fail, I will still never join bookface.

Reactions: kj7687
#5 ·
Congrats on the 7th bike! I will say that this forum is not nearly as active as it was when the R3 was brand new. Part of the issue with it being so quiet now is that there is already so much information out there on it that 'new' topics are scarce. Couple that with people just going to other places for info and the forum (unfortunately), becomes a bit redundant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.