Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Everyone I found a black never ridden with 3 miles 2018 R3 stock, the lad's wife will not ride, he is asking $3900 USD, book says $3300, what are these worth in your area no miles but 3 years old?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Offer him $3k USD. Its a great bike, for $3k USD i think it would be a great deal!
sounds like a sound offer, will do, how do you feel about 1st Gen 2018 vs 2019 Up, I heard the new 2nd gen are more bent down street fighter style, is this so? I like an upright ride, easier on the back)

·
Registered
71 Posts
sounds like a sound offer, will do, how do you feel about 1st Gen 2018 vs 2019 Up, I heard the new 2nd gen are more bent down street fighter style, is this so? I like an upright ride, easier on the back)
I test rode a 2017 and ended up buying a 2019. I think the gen 1 is probably a slight bit more upright but my back nor wrists complain on the 19. The only thing that does complain is my bum. For reference I am 5'8". ~172 in non US units.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test rode a 2017 and ended up buying a 2019. I think the gen 1 is probably a slight bit more upright but my back nor wrists complain on the 19. The only thing that does complain is my bum. For reference I am 5'8". ~172 in non US units.
ahh got you, I am the same size and 5 lbs more than u, but price comes into play, and I do prefer a more upright ride position, the pure extreme sport bikes where you are over the handle bars, I do not think I will ever get into R6 territory or more for comfort and well, safety! haha

an R3 is perfect for me, I see it being a long term bike not just a learner

·
Registered
271 Posts
You've got a Canadian flag in your profile but you're talking US$. What's the deal, and if the situation is what it's making me suspect it is, have you accounted for the cross-border shipment and importation headaches and costs, and the currency exchange?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You've got a Canadian flag in your profile but you're talking US$. What's the deal, and if the situation is what it's making me suspect it is, have you accounted for the cross-border shipment and importation headaches and costs, and the currency exchange?
I figured the US Dollar evaluation is a more general dollar evaluation currency more so that the USD, I know a lot of UK guys and gals like the R3 too, but everyone knows he USD, I am in Canada in BC, the bike is 3 hours away just outside Calgary) So it is easy to pick up they are ready to deal right now he feels he needs the $5000 Canadian firm because it has no miles but precision in Lethbridge has a 19 leftover for $4399 CAD so if that is the case I will just go new, I agree with the above first poster, $3900 is spot on Canadian, your thoughts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured the US Dollar evaluation is a more general dollar evaluation currency more so that the USD, I know a lot of UK guys and gals like the R3 too, but everyone knows he USD, I am in Canada in BC, the bike is 3 hours away just outside Calgary) So it is easy to pick up they are ready to deal right now he feels he needs the $5000 Canadian firm because it has no miles but precision in Lethbridge has a 19 leftover for $4399 CAD so if that is the case I will just go new, I agree with the above first poster, $3900 is spot on Canadian, your thoughts?
it was Slowstang305 who made the $3900 CAD offer recommendation.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Okay, let's talk CAD$ then. $4399 for a leftover but new 2019 is a good deal. $4399 for a leftover-new 2019 versus $5000 for a leftover-new no-warranty 2018 (previous style) is a no-brainer. Check whether the leftover-new 2019 comes with its factory warranty - that would make it even further a no-brainer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, let's talk CAD$ then. $4399 for a leftover but new 2019 is a good deal. $4399 for a leftover-new 2019 versus $5000 for a leftover-new no-warranty 2018 (previous style) is a no-brainer. Check whether the leftover-new 2019 comes with its factory warranty - that would make it even further a no-brainer.
it does come with factory warranty, the 19 leftover. However a 2015 first gen, 900 miler has come into the fray, $2000 CAD, has a broken left peg from a lay down, and scratches in the fairing, I know it has no ABS but it is dirt cheap for a learner, it has my attention, will upload photos when I get them, it is the red/white

·
Registered
265 Posts
it does come with factory warranty, the 19 leftover. However a 2015 first gen, 900 miler has come into the fray, $2000 CAD, has a broken left peg from a lay down, and scratches in the fairing, I know it has no ABS but it is dirt cheap for a learner, it has my attention, will upload photos when I get them, it is the red/white
tbh I don't think warranty will ever be needed due to how reliable these bikes are. By the time something happens you're already out of warranty. Just keep up maintenance and it should last a long time. But if you're talking about a bike like rc390 then it would be a different story.

·
Super Moderator
1,108 Posts
It's worth much more than that if you could find one. And you'd not be able to match those few miles.
🔴Per Kelly Blue Book a 2015 R3' value: Trade in Price= $2380 US.. Typical List Price= $3495 US.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agreed, the rest is minimal, could it still be worth as much as $2500 CAD?
low USD RETAIL on it is $2650 and low retail can be used since its damaged.
It's worth much more than that if you could find one. And you'd not be able to match those few miles.
🔴Per Kelly Blue Book a 2015 R3' value: Trade in Price= $2380 US.. Typical List Price= $3495 US.
So even at trade value due to the drop less parts and labor to repair $2000 USD is around $2600 Canadian, I see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts