Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I dropped my bike on some gravel, scratched the kickstand side fairings, and am trying to find the oem parts to replace them, but I am having issues figuring out which panels they are and am just trying to get some help with it.

The parts outlined in red are what I am trying to replace, but I am having issues finding what panels they are.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Blue Purple
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yesterday I dropped my bike on some gravel, scratched the kickstand side fairings, and am trying to find the oem parts to replace them, but I am having issues figuring out which panels they are and am just trying to get some help with it.

The parts outlined in red are what I am trying to replace, but I am having issues finding what panels they are.

View attachment 70150 View attachment 70151
I believe your gona have to buy the entire side panel kit.Where are you ? USA?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had to replace my front fuel tank cover and had trouble determining which part I needed using Babbitt's online parts so I sent them a message and they responded by the next day with information that helped me order the correct part. You could also remove the panels and get the part number from the back of the panels. Also you might see if a car body shop could buff out the scratches or re-paint the panels.

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
8 Posts
They're not that hard to do.
1. Remove the fairings.
2. Get the OEM paint to match or take to a paint shop to match color.
3. Take a brown scrubby and scrub all the shiny off, just down til its dull making sure you hit the edges good.
4. Clean with water and mild soap really, really good.
5. Wipe entire service with rubbing alcohol.
6. Wipe down with tact cloth.
7. Spray with adhesion activator - Amazon.
8. Wait 10 minutes.
9. Spray 1 light coat of paint.
10. Wait 30 minutes.
11. Spray your 2nd coat.
12. Wait 30 minutes if you feel it needs another coat.
13. If not, Spray your clear. Coats depend on you.
14. Let dry over-night.

I bought the entire fairing kit, brand new from Amazon for $350-$400 unpainted and doing my own design. But, haven't decided on design, so, thinking about hydro-dipping a few of the fairings.

Will post a picture when completed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts