Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It feels like a lack of fuel delivery at the lower Rpms @2-3k rpms. Full gas no problem but snatchy at the bottom. Changed spark plugs, cleaned the fuel system but didnt make any difference. Any Suggestions? 2018 ABS model. 9000miles(14000kms) done. Just a year old bike.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is this a "new" development, or has it always been like that? I'm only asking because The ECU fueling has been known to be kind of snatchy at low RPM on the R3. Yamaha made it that way for exhaust emissions. I just got my ECU back from being "flashed" today. I haven't reinstalled it yet, so I can't verify the differences. I had my MT-07 flashed, and the fueling was drastically better. Even a "stock" bike can benefit from being flashed. It makes everything smoother...... I had mine done at: www.2wheeldynoworks.com, and I highly recommend their mail-in ECU flash. Good luck-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a "new" development, or has it always been like that? I'm only asking because The ECU fueling has been known to be kind of snatchy at low RPM on the R3. Yamaha made it that way for exhaust emissions. I just got my ECU back from being "flashed" today. I haven't reinstalled it yet, so I can't verify the differences. I had my MT-07 flashed, and the fueling was drastically better. Even a "stock" bike can benefit from being flashed. It makes everything smoother...... I had mine done at: www.2wheeldynoworks.com, and I highly recommend their mail-in ECU flash. Good luck-

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would think if the TPS was bad/faulty, it wouldn't run at all.... Have you ever had the throttle bodies synchronized??? That could make a difference as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Around 3k rpm is where Yamaha programs the fuel cutoff on the standard tune. You may want to try remove the fuel cutoff from a reputable tuner near you. This significantly smooths out the throttle and makes the engine braking a lot less aggressive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, haven't done that. Although the bike is in warranty. I'll ask them to replace the faulty parts. But the question is which part is faulty.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If it's still under warranty, just send it back to the dealer and explain your symptoms. The techs should suss out the problem. The Yamaha dealer has a diagnostics tool that can check on the TPS sensor if that is really the problem. I would also suggest you check your fuses. The fuse labeled backup can cause strange throttle behaviour if it's blown.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it's still under warranty, just send it back to the dealer and explain your symptoms. The techs should suss out the problem. The Yamaha dealer has a diagnostics tool that can check on the TPS sensor if that is really the problem. I would also suggest you check your fuses. The fuse labeled backup can cause strange throttle behaviour if it's blown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts