Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I need an alarm system for my R3, I just got it so I'm a complete rookie when it comes to anything moto related. I have looked at plenty of alarms (SPY 2 Way 5000m) being the most popular choice, I asked around and it seems I will need extra things to be able to start the engine remotely. Plus it's kind of outdated no? I'm looking for a decent and not crazy expensive alarm system that is just right for my R3, meaning I won't need to buy anything extra to get the engine start going or the lights or what have you. If anyone could mention decent alarms it would be greatly appreciated. If I posted this in the wrong place I apologize. Thanks for all your help.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Okay, so I need an alarm system for my R3, I just got it so I'm a complete rookie when it comes to anything moto related. I have looked at plenty of alarms (SPY 2 Way 5000m) being the most popular choice, I asked around and it seems I will need extra things to be able to start the engine remotely. Plus it's kind of outdated no? I'm looking for a decent and not crazy expensive alarm system that is just right for my R3, meaning I won't need to buy anything extra to get the engine start going or the lights or what have you. If anyone could mention decent alarms it would be greatly appreciated. If I posted this in the wrong place I apologize. Thanks for all your help.
See post #4 in this thread.....Gorilla alarm with remote for around $100.

"alarm" in the search box will pull up several other threads with alarm info and install guides

Cheers!

·
Registered
732 Posts
FengShui knows his stuff and I would stand by his recomendations. Personally, I am putting a Scorpio on mine. You can mix and match Scorpio "modules." I'm putting a ride system on mine along with an alarm. The ride module provides telemetric data to your phone like ride info, bike monitoring, etc. You can get a pure alarm or add an alarm module to the ride. You can get push alerts, RFID, hands free remote. Service costs about $11 a month. For the ride and alarm, it's like $450 and figure 2 hours labor unless you install yourself, which I wouldn't recommend unless you know what you're doing.

http://ridescorpio.com/

Scorpio-compare products/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been thinking about putting a surveillance camera by my front door, so that I can keep track of who comes and enters and who rings the doorbell. I am going to order home security system from Think Protection. My porch is quite small, so I am not sure how to best angle the camera to see everything. Can you suggest me where to place the camera if I would like to see the whole patio area? Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts