Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2020 model and I bought the Mivv Double Gun. I have problems with installing it. Does anyone know what I can do or had any similar problems? If so, feel free to help me.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Titanium? It must be light. Is there a stock cat, or muzzle onboard? Did you try beating it into place with a big rubber mallot while it was hot? My point is this.. The oem cat is an immovable object.. Get some 11/2" hose clamps.. Snug them up.. Maybe remove that piece.. Shorty. Do you have passengers? Shorty pipe with rearset delete? Thats like 50 pounds ligher. Maybe, fab up a cool piece of metal? Drill some holes? Idk youll get there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try loosening the clamp for the pipe and loosen the bolts on the passenger peg bracket and see if that gives it enough movement to line up the holes. There also might have been spacers with longer bolts to spacer out the passenger peg bracket and get it closer. You should not have to force anything...contact mivv

·
Registered
145 Posts
If the holes can't be aligned and if you have tools, I'd cut an adaptor from a piece of aluminum or from the same type of metal the exhaust is made of to avoid any reaction between two metals just in case. Any flat piece of metal with two holes for the bolts would do the trick.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The pics I have seen on the mivv website with the pipe installed on the bike show that your mounting tab is welded in the right place on the pipe you are trying to install. Unless your bike has been dropped and the mounting point bent forward it should line up if you loosen up bolts so you have some movement.

If you are going to add a strap I would make it L shaped ( picture a upside down capitol L or even a laydown capitol L) and bolt the long part to you mounting tab on the pipe with 2 bolts (use the existing hole in the tab and then drill a smaller one below it like 1/4" size and use a 1/4" bolt. Then drill a hole the original size in your bracket where it lines up and use your original bolt to bolt the bracket to your bike.

You can substitute a 5/16 bolt for a 8mm bolt and you can substitute a 3/8" bolt for a 10mm bolt as they are real close in size that way you can use american bolts to bolt your bracket to the tab on the pipe and use your original bolt to bolt the bracket to the bike. You can find L shaped brackets at the hardware store that already have holes in them. Then you can enlarge the holes to the size you need and cut it to the length you need. All that for about $5 at the hardware store. You need a drill and a hacksaw and a file to take the sharp edges off your bracket after you cut it to length.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You have to put the muffler tab on the backside not the frontside like in your picture and you will be able to wiggle it and get the bolt in. I just ran into the same problem with the Musari I installed. No way it will line up with the tab in the front like in your pic but once you get the tab on the backside it all lines up 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts