Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I wanted to get flush mount turn signals and ended up with these three pieces. However I am not sure how to wire them up properly.

The first one is the actual signal light with two wires [black and yellow]

The second one is the part that plugs into the R3 with two wires [black and black/white]

The third is supposed to be a LED load resistor with a male and female end for connectors and two unconnected white wires

At a guess, I'm thinking all black wires are ground, color are positive. The signal should connect with the connector in the second picture, black to black and yellow to black/white. Plug this new piece into the load resistor, connect the two white connections, and plug this now 3 in 1 piece into the bike. I never worked with bullet connectors so I guess just heat shrink/tape the connections to keep it from shorting out?

Gladly appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
To me it looks as though.....

The first harness is for if you've upgraded your flasher. If you havent you can still use it, but your LED lights will rapid flash (your rears might as well)

The other harness is to eliminate the rapid flash.

LED yellow wire should go to the white striped on the first harness or the white coming from the red wire on the second harness. Use one harness or the other, you shouldnt have to use both. Its hard to tell but that second harness looks as though it has 1 male and 1 female bullet... not two females.

If it doesnt work when trying the LEDs just simply reverse the connections, you wont do any harm to your light or the bike electrical.

Those bullet connectors should snap together quite firmly, just make sure the sleeve slides over and covers the bare metal completely, theres no need for any additional tape or shrink tube unless you really want to.

·
Registered
175 Posts
And I'll add.............

Original front turns are a three wire set up. One ground, one flash, one running light. Your new LED's will only flash, no running. Thus, you will only using two wires. For simplicity we'll number your images 1, 2 & 3.

Following Maverick's color recommendations, connect #1 to the clear bullet connectors of #2 . Take the white Male connector from #2 and plug into the white Female connector of #3 . Take the opaque Male connector of #3 and plug into the original harness connector. The bullet connectors of the white wire on #3 can be connected or taped off. I do not believe it will be working anyway.

Randy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. I watched those videos and knew how to install them onto the bike just fine. I just didn't want to short the wires or ruin them by wiring them wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
I made a video for projector headlights but also in the video I show you how to wire and connect after market turn signal lights. Go to 29.12mins on video. Here is the link to my video
https://youtu.be/cSCcYbEXAIc hope this helps
Is there a way to hook up the aftermarket TST LED turnsignals so that they will have a running light function as well? There are only two wires coming out of the flushmount LED signal so I'm guessing that there isn't a way to do it unless you create a jumper of some kind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts