Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any video or pictures available of this procedure? I searched the forum and can't find it. It seems like the coolant has to be filled from reservoir as per the instructions in manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After the recall, the coolant level dropped too much. They were filling the coolant from the radiator cap which is wrong. Not sure if R15's coolant top up is done like this and they only know this method. The mechanic had no idea, and I had to bring the service manual and show it to them.
Today went to SVC for coolant top up. These people never filled the coolant the right way. They tried to fill the coolant via the radiator cap, where the service manual clearly says not to do that. The coolant top up should only be done from reservoir tank. Just need to remove the cowling from left side and fill the coolant. You guys also check the level on a cold engine.
The fan used to come ON in a recent trip often and even the way to the SVC today. It never turned ON to the way back home even in traffic after topping up.
Before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Actually the best procedure would be to fill both the radiator side and the reservoir side. This is because if your radiator is not full, once the system cycles and fills it up, your reservoir will get lower.

In any case, if your radiator is filled that first picture of your reservoir is fine. If your radiator is full, that second picture of your reservoir is way overfilled. Not a problem, just expect it to drop once it gets drained out the overflow line.

From my experience with the bike, the reservoir likes to be around the low mark (with the radiator filled) as in your first picture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts