Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see a generic thread, but if there is one, I apologize and humbly accept your chastisement and directions to said thread.

That said, I want to get rid of the floppy orange pumpkins, and I'm not sure if flushmounts are visible enough. I see there's a million options, but I know the existing signals have a goofy attachment method that generic replacements don't look like they'll fit? How are people attaching new signals? Are there adapter plates or something available in the US, or Yamaha specific replacements? LED or bulb I reckon, though since this bike see track time I'd like if they're inexpensive, or at least easy to remove/reinstall. Options? Pictures?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I didn't see a generic thread, but if there is one, I apologize and humbly accept your chastisement and directions to said thread.

That said, I want to get rid of the floppy orange pumpkins, and I'm not sure if flushmounts are visible enough. I see there's a million options, but I know the existing signals have a goofy attachment method that generic replacements don't look like they'll fit? How are people attaching new signals? Are there adapter plates or something available in the US, or Yamaha specific replacements? LED or bulb I reckon, though since this bike see track time I'd like if they're inexpensive, or at least easy to remove/reinstall. Options? Pictures?
Thanks!

Here's one thread with a few options mentioned.
http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/289-yamaha-r3-general-discussion/127073-aftermarket-turn-signals.html

There are a few options available for front directionals on the R3, including a Yamah option that was available overseas. If you go with LEDs, you'll need to pick up a flash relay to slow down the blink rate. TST has one for around $12.
If you want to keep the OEM pumpkins but lose the floppiness, you can shorten them by removing the rubber stem and putting them back in. The floppy part is there in case you hit them into your garage wall or something... they pop out without damage and pop right back in.

I went with the new TST Halo Flush Mounts. They're very bright and are running lights as well if. I feel people are not seeing them, I may add a set of LED fork signals or bar end signals to improve visibility.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts