Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done the r6 throttle tube mod, and now my stock grip on the throttle is loose. I'm guessing it has to do with the nubs that were on the stock throttle tube. In any case, wondering if anyone else that has done the throttle tube swap had the same issue, or if you've replaced the grips which ones did you use? Pics would be appreciated as well. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
When you installed, was the inside of the grip tore up? Women people will use a flat head to remove the grip because they usually have tons of grip glue on them from the factory. What I usually do is spray wd40 into a grip/tube and use my compressor to get the grip off the tube. This doesn't usually work with grips that have tons of glue. No matter how you remove the grip, if it isn't too mangled inside, I'll spray some clear coat or whatever other paint I have laying around and slide it to the clip on while still wet. Once it dries the paint or clear coat acts as glue. With brand new grips I just use windex as a lube and ta usually nice and tight when it dries.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you installed, was the inside of the grip tore up? Women people will use a flat head to remove the grip because they usually have tons of grip glue on them from the factory. What I usually do is spray wd40 into a grip/tube and use my compressor to get the grip off the tube. This doesn't usually work with grips that have tons of glue. No matter how you remove the grip, if it isn't too mangled inside, I'll spray some clear coat or whatever other paint I have laying around and slide it to the clip on while still wet. Once it dries the paint or clear coat acts as glue. With brand new grips I just use windex as a lube and ta usually nice and tight when it dries.

The grip isn't tore up inside, but I think it might be stretched a little? Either way, I want to get new grips, and really I'm looking for some recommendations on what kinds of grips are good wit that mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts