Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 R3 and I've been super excited about it. I wanted to introduce myself.

I bought the R3 for $3600 with only 43 miles on it. It was a pretty good deal. The seller bought it for his daughter and she slipped it over in the grass when trying to ride the first time and then wasn't very interested in buying it. They sold it to me to not have a monthly payment on something that was not going to be used. I probably would've waited until warmer weather to purchase one, but it was a pretty dang good deal for a 2020 R3 with only 43 miles and spotless other than one tiny little scratch on the side on the plastic fairing.

I bought the YZF-R3 Integrated Frame Sliders and plan to install them this week.

I have the Sena Outrush motorcycle helmet which has the ratchet-style clasp instead of the ring-style one. I have not figured out a way to hang this from the hook underneath the passenger seat when I run into a store or something. The strap is too short to loop it around the hook while it is connected and I don't really see a way to connect it to the hook when it is not connected. Is there anything I can do about this?

·
Super Moderator
1,027 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like an awesome buy... Lucks on you. Ride Safe and Enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good deal. No damage from the fall on the grass?
There is a tiny scratch that is around 1 inch (~2.5cm) on the left side on the plastic part of the fairing which if I really wanted to I could replace, but that is not really a big deal to me. There's another scratch on the other side that is on the side of the exhaust. It is about the same size. Other than that, it is spotless.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow what a super deal. Well done.

Welcome here.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just bought a 2020 R3 and I've been super excited about it. I wanted to introduce myself.

I bought the R3 for $3600 with only 43 miles on it. It was a pretty good deal. The seller bought it for his daughter and she slipped it over in the grass when trying to ride the first time and then wasn't very interested in buying it. They sold it to me to not have a monthly payment on something that was not going to be used. I probably would've waited until warmer weather to purchase one, but it was a pretty dang good deal for a 2020 R3 with only 43 miles and spotless other than one tiny little scratch on the side on the plastic fairing.

I bought the YZF-R3 Integrated Frame Sliders and plan to install them this week.

I have the Sena Outrush motorcycle helmet which has the ratchet-style clasp instead of the ring-style one. I have not figured out a way to hang this from the hook underneath the passenger seat when I run into a store or something. The strap is too short to loop it around the hook while it is connected and I don't really see a way to connect it to the hook when it is not connected. Is there anything I can do about this?
Congrats on the new bike. My ratchet style helmets wouldnt fit either. Now i have a old timey D ring type helmet, and i think it doesnt fit either. Now, i just leave my nasty, ill fitting, helmet on the bike. They would be doing me a favor by stealing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the new bike. My ratchet style helmets wouldnt fit either. Now i have a old timey D ring type helmet, and i think it doesnt fit either. Now, i just leave my nasty, ill fitting, helmet on the bike. They would be doing me a favor by stealing it.
I found a solution to the helmet issue. Bought this from Amazon. Size 7. Amazon.com: Black Diamond Stopper: Sports & Outdoors

You can push the red thingy down to the middle, loop that end through the ratchet connector, and then loop it back through itself and hang it from the hook. I'll be keeping this in the storage compartment under the rear seat.

Got the idea from this video:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts