Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the physical aspect of this but have years of youtube riding experience (if that counts for anything at all haha). I've had my mind set on buying a bike for at least the last five years and I finally went for it. I've always been partial to yamaha, always had yamaha sleds when I was a kid. When I started looking at bikes this year I went straight to yamaha and just about fell in love with the R3. Should be the perfect bike for a noob like me and I can't wait to ride it when the weather is right (which could be a little while since I'm in Connecticut). Happy to be here!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome. YouTube experience does not count. Get enrolled in a rider course and when you start getting comfy and want to learn more, there are a few track schools. Some track days give lessons anyways for no additional cost other than the track day.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome to the forum, CT.
I also am patiently waiting for the nice weather to come back.
Winter seems so much longer when you have a bike in the garage. :)
Times like this I love living in the southeast where we get a nice week or two especially when it's in the 60's for a few days :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome CT. Yeah youtube does not really count, a lot of riding is picked up after your MSF when you actually start riding around the roads. I'm sure you'll have a blast, don't forget to wear gear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts