Yamaha R3 Forums banner

New buyer question

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Decon blue 
#1 ·
What is a 2015 new zero miles from dealer good price to pay? Their site says $4699. What is the offer I should accept?

If a new 2016 is $5500 OTD which is better to do?

Thanks

#3 ·
Color picked but I'm wondering what everyone thinks is a good price for the 2015 brand new over getting a 2016 brand new?

Thanks for your input CBRpilot.

#5 · (Edited)
Color picked but I'm wondering what everyone thinks is a good price for the 2015 brand new over getting a 2016 brand new?
I just paid $4990 at Wheels In Motion Chatsworth. You can get the same deal at most SoCal dealers, I know simi will match that price. The pricing thread has a girl that got $4800 in Calabasas or somewhere on the 101.

Have you looked on Craigslist? There are a ton of used R3's on there right now a real glut of people looking or a bigger displacement bike. One that stood out is a mint bone stock raven for $3300 with 2100 miles. There are all kinds of really good deals on there. Just something to consider. You could save almost two grand and some of the bikes on there are showroom new quality. One had almost 10k miles but its $3k even!

Buy the full fairings of any color or year you want and bolt them on there, profit selling the originals or have a backup set. Save $2k or close. You could do some amazing mods for $2k

Well he went up $200 it was a new ad. Still a great price. $3500 serviced at Wheels In Motion. If that ad was up when I bought it would be mine. That bike will sell in the next 48 hours. Probably gone tomorrow.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5637227321.html

#4 ·
I paid $5800 OTD for a new 15 last May when they early in the initial release.

Low prices listed online are usually "bait" prices to get you talking to then and you find out about more fees, sometimes outrageous fees.

Personally ~$5,500 OTD (Including all taxes & fees) +/- a few hundred bucks would be a good deal IMHO.

#7 ·
Thank you for this info. With this forum and you guys it makes it all better.

#9 ·
Thanks, those are great #'s... did someone get fired or is the shop closing? hmmm.....

I got a great deal on a quad a few years ago. I saw it right in the doorway on my way into the shop. The price was nicely discounted and a limited edition model which was more $ at retail level. I walked out almost feeling like I stole that deal and the guy that sold it to me made a mistake. This shop is now closed, :( It was a good shop and close-by so it's too bad for me.

#12 ·
I gave $4688.81 out the door cash last Friday and they threw in the rear cowl in the deal on new 2016 Blue.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.