Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
This is all speculation at this point. Those images are not accurate. We have all been guessing this is what HONDA will do, but until HONDA officially releases the info and photos, all we can do is WAIT. I don't expect to hear anything official from HONDA before September.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just searched the 125. Chelina's right, thats a huge tail piece.

Overall, its a pretty cool bike minus the single headlight.

The fireblade that nicky debuted was pretty cool. The full titanium exhaust, cams, springs, and ecu package is impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I want to see the base model Fireblade. All the info I see is for the SP model with Ohlins and Brembo.
I am expecting to see SHOWA BFF front forks on it. No MSRP announced yet.

So far... the new Fireblade looks exactly like the new Yamaha R1. ( Fireblade might be a tiny bit lighter. )
Same power levels. Same dash. Same electronics. Same tires. Probably the same pricetag.

And Suzuki has a new "Big Gixxy" for 2017 also. With all the same stuff as the R1 and the Fireblade.
( Just pick your favorite brand, pay your money, and ride! ) Same same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old thread but the fireblade had thrown two riders so far, Guy Martin and John McGuiness. Might be some issues with the bike for two veteran riders to wreck so close together with a new bike.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I know this is an old thread but the fireblade had thrown two riders so far, Guy Martin and John McGuiness.
I was sad when I heard about this.
We don't know the cause yet, but I hope it's not a "Honda engineering" problem.
It might be with the electronics, and it might be with aftermarket components.
Either way, it's a dangerous problem.
No complaints that I know of on the standard street Blades. Lots of press and test-rider videos.
MCN voted it "Best Literbike" for 2017. Most test-riders are surprised at just how good it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts