Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I know this may not be relevant to most of you as this is mostly likely only be in the Asia market. the new Honda CBR250RR is out I think it looks amazingly sexy as heeelllllll!

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/2017-honda-cbr250rr-makes-global-debut-in-indonesia-1433750

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0fISIxqQPM

I recently just got my R25 (yup, I am in Asia), and I'm thinking of selling my R25 for this new CBR. It has a sport plus mode as well! on a 250cc I was like what?! but yeah it looks so **** good.

What do you guys think about it? maybe they will be making a CBR300RR?

·
Registered
105 Posts
From Southeast Asia too :D , and wow.. Inverted fork, ABS, sweet looking meter, and i like how the fairing does actually protect the engine case., but i think Honda is overdoing it a little for a 250cc bike, and i strongly believe it cost way more than R3.. if only it was like a 300 or 400cc haha, not sure how much having different modes would actually make on a 250

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From Southeast Asia too :D , and wow.. Inverted fork, ABS, sweet looking meter, and i like how the fairing does actually protect the engine case., but i think Honda is overdoing it a little for a 250cc bike, and i strongly believe it cost way more than R3.. if only it was like a 300 or 400cc haha, not sure how much having different modes would actually make on a 250
which part of SEA are you from? :O the estimated price in Indonesian rupiah for the CBR250RR with ABS is around 70million rupiah which is roughly around $5300 ++ USD.

·
Registered
105 Posts
which part of SEA are you from? :O the estimated price in Indonesian rupiah for the CBR250RR with ABS is around 70million rupiah which is roughly around $5300 ++ USD.
Singapore! Hey 5300USD is actually pretty close to R3 and rather decent considering the amount of fanciful stuff this CBR has :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Singapore! Hey 5300USD is actually pretty close to R3 and rather decent considering the amount of fanciful stuff this CBR has :D
ooo nice. we're not that far then. haha you guys have the R3 instead of the R25 right?

Do you happen to know who's bike this is? I assumed that it is a Sgporean bike because of the flag sticker there. haha love the stance of that bike!

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yup that's a Singaporean bike, not sure whose though! haha. I believe you are from Malaysia? R25 wouldn't sell here if there's R3 just like how CB400X/CBR400 wouldn't sell in M'sia because you guys got the 500cc variant :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
What you're looking at is the R25 rival for 250cc market limited countries like Indonesia and Japan. There will be a 320cc version of it by the end of this year (Tokyo Motor Show) or early next year(EICMA) which will possibly be branded as 350RR(320cc rounded up to next 50). That would be for the world market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the thing gets anywhere CLOSE to 15,000RPM I'll be happy. The 250R made 26 HP at about 10K rpm, so if it has a 15K redline, the RR it will make about 39BHP which is comparable to the R3.

R3's and Ninja 300's are on the top of the podium in my region's Formula 300. Honda 250R and 300R in the same class are far and few inbetween because they're just not as competitive with the same amount of money poured in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
14k rpm is the rev limit as you can see on the dash. But the alleged audio leak sounds good at high revvs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=590mRA7AmXM

Makes just as much power as the R25 so the 320cc version is also expected to do the same numbers as the R3 with more or less the same displacement. Only you get a few more features like aluminium swingarm, all led lights, that digital dash, the throttle-by-wire system with 3 riding modes, abs as optional extra, and those Showa inverted forks. Is a tad expensive than the R25 in Indonesia by nearly $850 for the non-ABS variant. The ABS version is another $500.

The 320cc model will likely have similar price differences when it comes out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup that's a Singaporean bike, not sure whose though! haha. I believe you are from Malaysia? R25 wouldn't sell here if there's R3 just like how CB400X/CBR400 wouldn't sell in M'sia because you guys got the 500cc variant
Haha i am from Brunei. The bike scene here isn't that big but there are quite a number of bikers. Love to make new biker friends especially around the world. Haha got alot to learn!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Friend showed me this yesterday, I was pretty impressed. Being a later entrant/refresh versus the R3 and KTM RC390 allows Honda to incorporate some extra features to make it more competitive. I do really like it though.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts