Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only a matter of time until I jumped on here!
Hows it going everyone? I am a just a 20 year old adventurer who bought his 2015 r3 back in November last year. I manged all of the winter storage maintenance by awkwardly stalking all of your posts and learned a lot haha.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone wants to ride or talk about University or just talk about their motorcycle experience sometime let me know.
Also forgot to say that I spent like 2 years looking into this stuff. I actually bought ALL of my gear FIRST, thinking I needed the top line ( I am dumb, lesson learned big time). Now that I have no money left, time to look into what fantastic creations you all have. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Not dumb at all... it makes perfect sense to buy the very best gear as it may very well be the difference between injury and no injury. I did the same thing. I had all of my gear before I picked up my bike and I skimped on nothing. If you can't afford good gear, you're not ready yet, IMHO.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
45 Posts
As long as you're buying well reviewed gear from reputable companies don't worry about it! I spent about 1500 on my gear for this year (my first season) and have no regrets. There really is a difference between cheap and quality gear. That said, welcome!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
290 Posts
IMO you actually saved money, because when I first rode, I bought nearly all cheap stuff, only to buy better gear less than a year on which in the end made me spend more money. Good for you.

Reactions: Nubster

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome fellow Ontarian. I've got the same jacket and love it, got the alpinestars chest and back protectors for it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think buying the gear first is the smart way to tackle it, and yeah, good gear is worth it. I know I would have hated to have the bike sitting there waiting on me to buy my gear.
Spent probably $1400 in my first season for gear.
I'd love to say once you've got it you're done.... but I just came home with a new Dainese suit this last weekend.... stoopid Visa....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awww man why you gotta go there with the Leathers. Now I gotta try to low-ball someone who might be selling a pair haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts