Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are these meant to act as running lights/night safety ...or just for looks when parked?

Running lights and looks...just actually asked three cops if they were legal to ride with them on...it is LEGAL in Indiana :)

I control the lighting system through my phone, full spectrum of colors and 8 different settings

·
Registered
198 Posts
Running lights and looks...just actually asked three cops if they were legal to ride with them on...it is LEGAL in Indiana :)

I control the lighting system through my phone, full spectrum of colors and 8 different settings
What color were you running when you asked? It is ILLEGAL in many states to have blue or red accent lights on your vehicle, green is okay, and yellow/orange is iffy. Be careful when you cross state lines!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What color were you running when you asked? It is ILLEGAL in many states to have blue or red accent lights on your vehicle, green is okay, and yellow/orange is iffy. Be careful when you cross state lines!

Yea won't be crossing state lines but if I do I have controls to turn off change colors. I have it blue when I asked...the officers said as long as it's not blinking and solid.

But yes, this may be because of the smaller town I live in and Cops are not to strict about motorcycles in my area

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't come up to MI. It's illegal to have blue anywhere on the car, flashing or not. Red is ok if it's only visible from the back. The only light that can be visible from the front or sides is white or amber. (There are other weird ones like purple for funeral vehicles, etc.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Where did you get these lights? Or does anyone know how to do that? I just saw someone with similar lights but white and it looked too dope. I want some white lights like the guy had, the bottom of the back and the lower fairing.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where did you get these lights? Or does anyone know how to do that? I just saw someone with similar lights but white and it looked too dope. I want some white lights like the guy had, the bottom of the back and the lower fairing.

Autozone my man

·
Registered
45 Posts
which kit was that. thats awesome.
haven't tried doing really anything electrical to the bike. pretty easy to wire in?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts