Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi DF, your ride looks sweet. How about more info...(brand, where purchased, why clutch was difficult) I'll be shopping around for some real soon and interested on what others have done. Love those softy grips.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sweet red color! I installed my new levers today. It took about 15 minutes (and I am new to mechanical things) using this helpful YouTube video: "How to install Shorty Levers on yamaha R3"
https://youtu.be/3Bvw8iOqXyY

I did it because the stock levers were out a little too far for my small hands. Plus, the black/gray combo looks cool, of course!!

I went with these levers on Amazon because I don't like eBay, and their other Yamaha R Series levers had good reviews (no reviews for the R3 levers yet naturally)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015SIV7FA/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

Good stuff. (Ignore the sketchy Rebel exhaust in the background)

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sweet red color! I installed my new levers today. It took about 15 minutes (and I am new to mechanical things) using this helpful YouTube video: "How to install Shorty Levers on yamaha R3"
https://youtu.be/3Bvw8iOqXyY

I did it because the stock levers were out a little too far for my small hands. Plus, the black/gray combo looks cool, of course!!

I went with these levers on Amazon because I don't like eBay, and their other Yamaha R Series levers had good reviews (no reviews for the R3 levers yet naturally)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015SIV7FA/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

Good stuff. (Ignore the sketchy Rebel exhaust in the background)
Those look good! I have what looks to be the exact same ones in blue. I got them on eBay for $40, though, so they seem to be a little pricier on Amazon.

Great video link, too! Nice to see a tutorial out there specifically for the R3.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those look good! I have what looks to be the exact same ones in blue. I got them on eBay for $40, though, so they seem to be a little pricier on Amazon.

Great video link, too! Nice to see a tutorial out there specifically for the R3.
$40, half as much as mine for the same darn things, ouch. But, I guess I pay a price avoiding eBay. Nice video, right? I wouldn't have been comfortable doing it myself if that guy hadn't uploaded the video. It's very thorough and walked me through the entire process nice and clear. Kudos to that guy. He saved the day.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are they full length levers? I love the stock levers but dont like the color. I dont really like shorty levels.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
$40, half as much as mine for the same darn things, ouch. But, I guess I pay a price avoiding eBay. Nice video, right? I wouldn't have been comfortable doing it myself if that guy hadn't uploaded the video. It's very thorough and walked me through the entire process nice and clear. Kudos to that guy. He saved the day.
There is nothing wrong with ebay, jsut make sure to read reviews first.

Alot of cheap stuff from China/Hong Kong is making its way to warehouses in the states, so now you can get the same product for nearly the same super cheap price, and have it to your door sooner. Also for what its worth, I have had pretty good experiences even with the overseas retailers. On a different bike, I purchased some adjustable fork caps and emailed the retailer overseas that the Orings were looking like they were dry rotted. They replaced them at no charge and didnt even ask for the old ones back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is nothing wrong with ebay, jsut make sure to read reviews first.

Alot of cheap stuff from China/Hong Kong is making its way to warehouses in the states, so now you can get the same product for nearly the same super cheap price, and have it to your door sooner. Also for what its worth, I have had pretty good experiences even with the overseas retailers. On a different bike, I purchased some adjustable fork caps and emailed the retailer overseas that the Orings were looking like they were dry rotted. They replaced them at no charge and didnt even ask for the old ones back.
What are the adjustable fork caps.can You change the softness of suspension with them?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts