Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a personalized license plate for the R3 this afternoon.
Everything I could think of was already taken so I settled on
"YZFR3".
Unfortunately, I'll be riding for at least 45-60 days without a license plate so I'll probably get pulled over a couple of times and have to show them my documents. PAPERS...PLEASE!!!
These Barber Motorsports Museum plates are pretty cool and we have them on all of our bikes and cars.

The Barber Motorsports Museum is one of the finest motorcycle museums in the world and the racetrack is one of the best road courses in America. From what I've read, Mr. Barber has over $60 million invested in the racetrack and museum.

A couple of times a year they let you in for free if you have a BMS license plate on your car or motorcycle.

https://www.facebook.com/BarberMotorsportsPark

·
Registered
55 Posts
looks good. how much did you spend on the custom plate if you dont mind me asking. ive also heard that you have to pay yearly or monthly or somthing like that for a custom plate. is that true or is it just a one time payment

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Alabama it's $50 extra per year for a personalized or specialty (college military etc) license plate.
For example, the BMS plate cost $50. It doesn't cost any extra to have it personalized, so it's $50 if it's personalized with YZFR3 or if it's not personalized.
I just love the way these plates look!

·
Registered
717 Posts
In Missouri it's $15/yr for a personalized tag.
...but we don't have a cool race track tag. I prefer the POW tribute tags

·
Registered
234 Posts
I picked up the cardboard freebie tag when I visited the Barber Museum a year and a half ago. I wish Georgia would allow the Barber tag as a vanity plate (with Georgia across the top, obviously). I took like a million pictures that day. Georgia charges $95.00 per year for a vanity plate, plus a set up cost. They also allow counties to overinflate the value of your home, so they can get more tax revenue!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts