Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All;
NorfolkSouthern643 here to introduce myself to the group. I don't have a bike just yet,but looking to get my R3 within next four to six months,...if not sooner possibly. Right now I am studying to get my learner permit,...never been on a bike before as far as operating one is concerned. Now,...where did I get my username? Well,...I am a train nut,and I am a fan of Norfolk Southern Railroad.
I am also into model railroading,and also ham radio operator w/ call sign KC9SYJ. Over the years I have always wanted a bike,but circumstances of some kind or another did not permit it. Well,...things look much more promising now!:) I've always liked motorcycles,...practically anything with wheels on it,for that matter! My motorcycle will see mainly commuting use along with pleasure rides in the country and on state highways!

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Get your permit and then strongly consider taking an MSF class if you haven't considered it already.
They will get you started correctly and ensure you don't start off with any bad habits. Prepay for your license when you get your permit and once you complete the MSF class, they just mail your new license to you. So easy that way.

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get your permit and then strongly consider taking an MSF class if you haven't considered it already.
They will get you started correctly and ensure you don't start off with any bad habits. Prepay for your license when you get your permit and once you complete the MSF class, they just mail your new license to you. So easy that way.

Welcome to the forum and good luck!
I'll be taking an MSF course,...my bad for not mentioning that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts