Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!I had been thinking on getting a cbr500r but after hearing about this new r3 I contacted my local Yamaha dealer and got first dib's on a new R3.He has only 2 black coming in and that's the color I want anyway's.The R3 seem's to be the same height as the 500 and if you go by power to weight ratio it seem's the R3 will have an advantage over the cbr500r.Im a older rider at 50 and 5'11 205 LB'S and until I actually get to sit on this bike in the shop im not sure how I will like it but it sure does look nice.Dealer say's they are on the boat's heading here now and he figure's they will be here end of march or 1st of april.By that time the snow should be gone so it makes waiting a little easier LOL!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome fellow 50 year old. :laugh:

Reactions: GRIZZY1

·
Registered
308 Posts
You guys got tonnes of snow this year eh? Hope its all melted by the time your bike gets in so that you can be free to ride around.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here and looking forward to seeing your bike when it gets in.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey Grizzy,

Welcome to the forum.

U3

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome (from a 40 year old) :D

I know the guys at my local Honda shop very well and have ridden motorcycles with some of them for many years, I have never ridden a CBR500 but heard they are more of a mellow (some say boring) ride with the lower revving motor when compared to today's newer smaller bore sportbikes that like to rev higher. Just wanted to mention as a note to consider that may help you out... test rides will really be needed to determine.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome (from a 40 year old) :D

I know the guys at my local Honda shop very well and have ridden motorcycles with some of them for many years, I have never ridden a CBR500 but heard they are more of a mellow (some say boring) ride with the lower revving motor when compared to today's newer smaller bore sportbikes that like to rev higher. Just wanted to mention as a note to consider that may help you out... test rides will really be needed to determine.

Cheers!
Where im from there is no test riding allowed you just have to take a chance and buy.Im going to the motorcycle expo in Halifax NS this weekend and hoping they have a R3 there to sit on to check the ergo's.If they have it there I will take some pic's and post here.My dealer think's they will not be here in Novascotia until mid to late april now and im not sure I can hold out that long!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where im from there is no test riding allowed you just have to take a chance and buy.Im going to the motorcycle expo in Halifax NS this weekend and hoping they have a R3 there to sit on to check the ergo's.If they have it there I will take some pic's and post here.My dealer think's they will not be here in Novascotia until mid to late april now and im not sure I can hold out that long!

Ugh, how on earth these dealers think you can guess how a bike will feel by sitting on it in the showroom is beyond me. Well a show is at least a good way to determine fit but a ride would be best... any manufacture demo days near you coming up you could attend to see if you actually like riding em?

Most of my local dealers said no demos for me (and anyone else) too but I broke the ice with a couple of them by having a credit union bank draft made out to them for the total price of the bike in my hand and told em if I like it they can have the check. Others got to know me from buying so many bikes... maybe the check idea would work with yours? Don't ask in advance, just show up with the check, it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I heard the weather out there is terrible right now. Good luck with that. I'm wishing you warm weather so you can get out there and ride soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey welcome to the baords, how the roads out there?
Blizzard going on now,they are thinking on declaring a state of emergency so they can call in the military to help with hauling the snow away.We can't get out of our homes.Not even sure if the motorcycle show will go on for this weekend.:(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Motorcycle show was great BUT no R3's were there,dealers all said the same thing they are shipping now and on the boat's but that's what I heard a month ago.Some of the bikes that impressed me at the show were the Kawasaki Vulcan s 650(fully adjustable bike for different size riders) and a few triumphs that looked like they came from ww2.I hate to say this but I found the cbr500r very comfortable and ended up buying one after I left the show.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts