Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive been lurking on the ninja 300 forums for about 3 weeks and now stumbled on a thread about a new R3 coming soon. I will be new to riding street bikes but I have been racing dirtbikes all my life. I mainly want a street bike to commute (100 miles) to and from work everyday since I hit traffic going and leaving work. I know there is not alot of info released yet but I was about to pull the trigger on a new ninja 300 and when I found the R3 thread and the comments posted about yamaha being a superior street bike company compared to honda n kawi I feel I should wait and buy a new R3. I am very impatient and always buy things I want right away so you guys may need to convince me to patiently wait for the release. Anyways hello from socal and I look forward to all the knowledge you guys have about street bikes. I attached some pics of my current ride

Best regards,
Bobby.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you are interested in the Yamaha R3 then I would say that you should at least wait until it gets unveiled. At least at that point you will know exactly what you are deciding between. Following that the bike will still take a little while to come out. Then you can decide if it is worth the wait or not.

Welcome to the forum too @SoCal909

Look forward to discussing new info on the Yamaha r3 as it becomes available.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey guys ive been lurking on the ninja 300 forums for about 3 weeks and now stumbled on a thread about a new R3 coming soon. I will be new to riding street bikes but I have been racing dirtbikes all my life. I mainly want a street bike to commute (100 miles) to and from work everyday since I hit traffic going and leaving work. I know there is not alot of info released yet but I was about to pull the trigger on a new ninja 300 and when I found the R3 thread and the comments posted about yamaha being a superior street bike company compared to honda n kawi I feel I should wait and buy a new R3. I am very impatient and always buy things I want right away so you guys may need to convince me to patiently wait for the release. Anyways hello from socal and I look forward to all the knowledge you guys have about street bikes. I attached some pics of my current ride

Best regards,
Bobby.

Hey SoCal,

Welcome to the forum. I am in the same boat as you.

U3

·
Registered
31 Posts

Best regards,
Bobby.

Perfect! It would be nice to get some insight on riding in the dirt. Looking forward to chatting with you!

Welcome!

·
Registered
391 Posts

Best regards,
Bobby.
hey bobby, welcome to the show!

let see how do i convince you to wait.....

I've got it.

looking at your camaro you're clearly the type of person who does not want to be one of X, you like to be unique and your ride is an expression of that, no?

So the best argument I can give you for waiting is that do you want to be like every other crotch rocket rider? I can count on both hands the number of Ninja 300's I can see looking out the office window. Do you want to be one of X, or do you want to be the guy who people come up to and say WOW DUDE, WHAT KIND OF BIKE IS THAT :D

I may be wrong, but some people want to blend and some people want to bend conventions...

:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
welcome!

if you arent in a rush i would wait

i think the R3 is going to be a better bike than the Ninja 300

Granted the Ninja 300 is a great option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome! But yes I am already so eager for a bike I dont think I can wait till next year or even the end of this year. I am in traffic 5 hours a day driving to and from work which is killing me. I may just buy a new ninja 300 and once the r3 is released trade in the ninja for the r3 which alot of ninja forum guys seem to be planning as well. I attached some booty shots of my car for you guys, angel eyes were done by aac lighting (oraclelights) if I do or dont buy a new bike soon I will still stop by here 2 or 3 times a day and check for updates.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
That lighting at the back of your Camaro looks pretty cool. I'd be interested to see a picture of it with the lights on at night if you have one.

Trading in the Ninja 300 once the r3 comes out sounds like a pretty good plan. Hopefully you don't lose too much value doing it that way. Hopefully there will be more r3 updates soon so we get a better idea of when it is coming out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
yea you could just trade the ninja 300 in

since you might be waiting a WHILE for the R3

or you might find yourself upgrading to a 600cc or 1000cc after the ninja 300

·
Registered
665 Posts
I wouldn't even bother waiting. just get something fun in the mean time even if it's used. when the R3 arrives, get it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's up to you. Just be aware, it could be a LONG wait for the R3. With the way these things work, I doubt Western countries will see an R3 available to buy and ride away on for at least 12 months and probably more. I'd love to be proven wrong on that and see it available earlier.

As a Ninja 300 owner since January, I can tell you it is a fantastic bike and well worth considering. I love the look of the R25 concept bike, but in all honesty, I doubt the production R25/R3 will perform much better than the 300 on the road. It might be a bit lighter, and handle a bit tighter, but I'd be surprised if it has any more power (the 296cc twin in the N300 is a good little engine and unfairly underrated at times).

Not trying to discourage you, just pointing out that expectations for the R3 are sometimes unrealistically high. If you want to get on the road on a decent entry bike today instead of at an unknown point in the future, the N300 is a great option. And yes, you can always trade it in for an R3 when it eventually comes (if you aren't just ready to upgrade to a 600 or something else at that point, and no harm done).

·
Registered
223 Posts
i think you should just get the ninja 300
you might find yourself wanting to upgrade to a 500 or 600 after that anways

·
Registered
665 Posts
Ninja 300 is a great choice, used of course, being new to this you're likely to drop it so it's best to just get one used so you don't immediately devalue it like crazy after your first drop

1 - 20 of 24 Posts