Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wait for the 'right one' to come around is killin' me! Surprisingly not a lot of 2nd hand options in San Diego. Just sold my FZ-07 to release some funds to buy and prep an R3 for CVMA race league 2018 winter series. ah-hem @pgeldz :x

Been riding for about 2,5 years now, around 40k miles under my belt, a few camping trips and maybe ~10 track days done. Only had the chance to ride Chuckwalla and Buttonwillow (once). Just wanted to stop in and say hi and work on that post count number :)

Please, if you or anyone you love knows of a possible bike, contact me! If I end up purchasing it you'll receive a finders reward of a six-pack craft beer. So far I've been enjoying the build threads, hopefully I'll be starting one on my own soon. Look forward to being a part of this new community.

B

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Can you buy and register a used R3 from Arizona? A 2015 model with 2,500 miles on it?
If so.... you need to buy mine. But I heard you can't buy a bike from another state unless it
is old enough, or has more miles on it. Check into it, and see what you can find out.
( Funny thing is... my R3 was purchased from a dealer in San Diego. )

·
Registered
538 Posts
The wait for the 'right one' to come around is killin' me! Surprisingly not a lot of 2nd hand options in San Diego. Just sold my FZ-07 to release some funds to buy and prep an R3 for CVMA race league 2018 winter series. ah-hem @pgeldz :x

Been riding for about 2,5 years now, around 40k miles under my belt, a few camping trips and maybe ~10 track days done. Only had the chance to ride Chuckwalla and Buttonwillow (once). Just wanted to stop in and say hi and work on that post count number :)

Please, if you or anyone you love knows of a possible bike, contact me! If I end up purchasing it you'll receive a finders reward of a six-pack craft beer. So far I've been enjoying the build threads, hopefully I'll be starting one on my own soon. Look forward to being a part of this new community.

B
Contact Graves. They will build you a race bike ready to go

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Contact Graves. They will build you a race bike ready to go

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
While that would be nice, it really takes the fun out of it. I enjoy the process of researching/buying/installing. I'll take the frustrations that come along w/ that as a trade off for all the knowledge that gets picked up along the way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you buy and register a used R3 from Arizona? A 2015 model with 2,500 miles on it?
If so.... you need to buy mine. But I heard you can't buy a bike from another state unless it
is old enough, or has more miles on it. Check into it, and see what you can find out.
( Funny thing is... my R3 was purchased from a dealer in San Diego. )
AZ!? It'd have to be a pretty sweet deal for me to head out east that far, you gotta take into consideration time/gas and all that. That said, how much are you asking? And would you be willing to meet me half way >:D

Registration shouldn't be a problem, esp since it was purchased original in CA. As long as the vehicle meets CA emissions (sounds easier than it is) the state doesn't care.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
AZ!? It'd have to be a pretty sweet deal for me to head out east that far, you gotta take into consideration time/gas and all that. That said, how much are you asking? And would you be willing to meet me half way >:D

Registration shouldn't be a problem, esp since it was purchased original in CA. As long as the vehicle meets CA emissions (sounds easier than it is) the state doesn't care.
You scared of AZ? LoL
I went to San Diego to buy it. I'm not scared of going to San Diego! :laugh:
I could meet you in EL CENTRO.

I guarantee you it will meet CA emissions.
If you are looking for a cheap deal on a beater you can turn into a track bike... mine is not the one for you.
I have a pristine 2015 blu/silver R3 with $600 worth of nice goodies. Bike has 2,500 miles. One owner.
I have the Graves carbon-fiber slip-on, OEM matching rear seat cowl, custom aircraft aluminum exhaust bracket,
Yoshimura tail-tidy kit, and Woodcraft rear swinagarm spools.

I would post a pic, but I maxed my pic limit a long time ago.
I'm sure you won't be willing to pay me a fair price, so keep looking in your local area. A crappy wrecked beater
will turn-up eventually. Kids wreck these bikes all the time, then sell them. LoL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AZ!? It'd have to be a pretty sweet deal for me to head out east that far, you gotta take into consideration time/gas and all that. That said, how much are you asking? And would you be willing to meet me half way

You scared of AZ? LoL
I went to San Diego to buy it. I'm not scared of going to San Diego!

I could meet you in EL CENTRO.

I guarantee you it will meet CA emissions.
If you are looking for a cheap deal on a beater you can turn into a track bike... mine is not the one for you.
I have a pristine 2015 blu/silver R3 with $600 worth of nice goodies. Bike has 2,500 miles. One owner.
I have the Graves carbon-fiber slip-on, OEM matching rear seat cowl, custom aircraft aluminum exhaust bracket,
Yoshimura tail-tidy kit, and Woodcraft rear swinagarm spools.

I would post a pic, but I maxed my pic limit a long time ago.
I'm sure you won't be willing to pay me a fair price, so keep looking in your local area. A crappy wrecked beater
will turn-up eventually. Kids wreck these bikes all the time, then sell them. LoL
Part out what you can and sell it to me a little cheaper. I can meet you in el cajon, much less scarier than AZ :-x What were you asking for?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I can meet you in el cajon, much less scarier than AZ
:laugh:
I might as well deliver it to your doorstep if I have to drive all the way to El Cajon!
Too funny. El Cajon is what, 5 minutes from San Diego? LoL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:laugh:
I might as well deliver it to your doorstep if I have to drive all the way to El Cajon!
Too funny. El Cajon is what, 5 minutes from San Diego? LoL
I was giving you the opportunity to sneak in a little vacation :nerd: and to have the honor to deliver your bike to the next happy gracious owner!!!!???? Who says no :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts