Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first brand new motorcycle 4/4/16, a 2016 blue r3. I've been riding for 30 years and have owned many, many bikes. This is my first small cc bike since riding dirtbikes as a kid. I've become much more interested in smaller bikes recently and have been checking out all the different offerings. I was very excited when I first saw/heard about the MT-03. I was disappointed when I found out that if it is ever even brought to the USA, it's still a couple of years away. I wanted a small, lightweight, fun bike to blast around on. I also own a 2004 Suzuki VZ800 Marauder for riding with my wife and if I want to go crazy fast. I jetted the carbs, V&H exhaust, hd clutch. It's a fun bike, but I prefer more of a standard riding position and the since I could wait no longer to find out if I could ever own a MT-03, I bought a r3. In two days I've already almost hit the 600 mile first service. I'm having a blast on it and my only real complaint is the mirrors. I can't for the life of me figure out why manufacturers can't make functional stock mirrors. I'm all about bike personality and I'm in love with my new r3. They aren't just for new riders!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from England there's a mirror thread on here somewhere.

Reactions: skids

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Expect the FZ-03 to hit USA for 2017.

The R3 is not "upright seating position" enough ?!?!? :|
Do you have really SHORT arms ?!?!?

No real reason to wait for the FZ-03 anyway. R3 is better.

Go ride an R6. You will think the R3 is the most comfortable bike in the world!
:D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
1.) Can you please link your source for this information? This would be good news for me.

2.) Can you explain your reasoning?
1. - NO. It's a rumor. But it's a fairly solid rumor. Yamaha did the same thing with the FZ-07.

2. - Yep! The R3 and the FZ-03 are the same bike, except the R3 has fairings, and it looks way better!

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts